Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
had to gun it last night, damn train was coming. there no way I was going to be able to stop in time. No choice since the ground was somewhat wet. probably would have ended up smacking into the train or something.

Me 1
Train 0

going about 50 mph had to floor it. getting me to 65 to 70

when the arm started coming down when the train was at approximate in that spot in the photo.
I just glad it did not touch/scratch up the roof of the car.

Damn timing sucks they need to come down way more in advance and the speed limit in this area needs to be dropped to 35mph like all the other crossing.
This street has a speed limit of 50mph.

Glad they fixed this spot so the tracks are flat even with the road and no I did not get any air..

Attachments

·
I eat brains... gimme brains!
658 Posts
Wtf is your malfunction? What could possibly be more important than your life and probably many others lives? An to not only go back an take a pic, but then gloat about it..

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Wtf is your malfunction? What could possibly be more important than your life and probably many others lives? An to not only go back an take a pic, but then gloat about it..
Google map picture...

well I was going 50mph @50-75ft approximate from the crossing when the lights came on and arm starting going down, No way I was going to stop in time since stopping distance is 100-160ft at that speed.(approximate depending on how wet the asphalt was.)

Would have ended up, getting rear ended by a small truck that was behind me and into the train or ditch.

I will be contacting the city about the 35mph sign.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I see a massive open stretch of flat land, no obstructions, and a straight track. How exactly did you not see the train before this point?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Ha! thats funny king, as I was reading the post that was the only thing i was wondering. How the fuck did you not see 100,000 tons of steel coming into your path until 70 feet from the crossing?

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Why should we change a speed limit because 1 person is stupid and cant use good judgement.

Speed limits are too damn slow as it is

Btw when the ground is wet or conditions aren't ideal your suppose to slow down anyway. Its not the train or speed limits fault its your fault.

·
I eat brains... gimme brains!
658 Posts
Google map picture...

well I was going 50mph @50-75ft approximate from the crossing when the lights came on and arm starting going down, No way I was going to stop in time since stopping distance is 100-160ft at that speed.(approximate depending on how wet the asphalt was.)

Would have ended up, getting rear ended by a small truck that was behind me and into the train or ditch.

I will be contacting the city about the 35mph sign.
Are you looking for some positive reinforcement or something for almost losing your life to stupidity?

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I smell a darwin award...

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
They have a special award for ones that survive, i forget what they call it. But I was thinking towards the future...

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
In his defense, IF he was coming from the other direction, the houses could have been blocking his view.

·
Banned
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They have a special award for ones that survive, i forget what they call it. But I was thinking towards the future...
Yeah I know it was a huge gamble.

Not like it's my first time cheating death. :icon_rolleyes:

I count 6 times total..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts