Impala Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
The impala sits lower, has bigger stock rims, and 25 more hp. Nice find btw! 9400 original miles is crazy! If I may ask, how much did you pay for her? She's a beauty.

·
Super Moderator
3,921 Posts
The impala sits lower, has bigger stock rims, and 25 more hp. Nice find btw! 9400 original miles is crazy! If I may ask, how much did you pay for her? She's a beauty.
25hp more, really, in my 15 or so years of playing with the 6th gen b-bodies you are the first I have seen make that claim, guess the rest of us were just too stupid to notice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello boys. This is an old discussion so my reply might not even be seen. But I love my baby so I'm compelled to defend her. She's a 96 gray green beauty. I read 0 to 60 in 7 seconds. Baby I can hit that in 4. Can't take her for a ride without hittin at least 120 every time and she never lets me down. I'm a girl. First off whatever I drive has gotta be fast and have a kickbutt stereo. Second she's gotta look good and I notice details. Like the sharp lines that differentiate the 69 Camaro from 68 and 67. The rounded girls are prettier boys, just sayin. So astheticly the Impala stands above the granny car Caprice. She sits lower and has a beautiful profile. The rear spoiler gives her backside definition. Her grill says Don't even think about calling me a Caprice. And those big expensive tires make her look good from every angle. I do the turn-around-and-look at least once, sometimes twice, every time I park her. She gets looks everywhere we go and every boy stops to admire and ask about her Big Body. I've had offers for her. Absolutely refused to give her up in my divorce settlement. I miss my 69 Chevelle, my 79 Monte and my 86 IROC. But my 96 Impala is a fast, corner-hugging, smooth riding, attention gettin rarity and she's all mine.

·
Super Moderator
10,674 Posts
Well welcome to the forum
We need pics please

·
Super Moderator
3,921 Posts
0-60 in 4 seconds is doable, understand it will take some time and money.

First thing though would be make sure the 20+yo car is well maintained, fresh cap and rotor, plug wires, make sure fluids are all good, brakes are lubed where needed so not dragging.

Modifying these can be expensive since things like headers are usually hand made and costly, not sure if the exhaust makers still carry systems.

Getting the computer reprogrammed is getting harder as fewer tuners want to deal with it.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts