Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2007 Impala SS and on the way to work today I saw some one driving an Impala with SST markings. The body style was newer but it had ground effects and the tail pipes were protruding through bottom of the bumper instead of underneath, also the spoiler looked a little different. I cannot seem to find any info on the internet on this and was wondering if anybody knows anything about them. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
358 Posts
i never heard of that, i think it was prob custom.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is kind of what I was thinking but I wasn't sure, and I have to say it looked very sharp.

·
Registered
358 Posts
mabey the t in SST means turbo lol!! throw a 5.3T badge on it and call it a day!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I own a 2007 Impala SS and on the way to work today I saw some one driving an Impala with SST markings. The body style was newer but it had ground effects and the tail pipes were protruding through bottom of the bumper instead of underneath, also the spoiler looked a little different. I cannot seem to find any info on the internet on this and was wondering if anybody knows anything about them. Thanks in advance.
ya no such thing....just another "hey look at me" just like how people put the gt badge on there v6 or vtech on there crappy honda.

·
Registered
358 Posts
ya no such thing....just another "hey look at me" just like how people put the gt badge on there v6 or vtech on there crappy honda.
hey i have v-tech on the side of my honda,& its not crappy!!!

not..... jk!!
the only time i would own a honda would be for a good gas saving car, but even then id prob go with a little american car.

·
Registered
60 Posts
hey i have v-tech on the side of my honda,& its not crappy!!!

not..... jk!!
the only time i would own a honda would be for a good gas saving car, but even then id prob go with a little american car.
yea exspecially when you try to race one of those crappy hatchback n they dont go n then when you get off the exit the pass you with there emergency light wanting to race thats we call ricer fly by......has any encountered that or anything similar....

·
Registered
56 Posts
yea exspecially when you try to race one of those crappy hatchback n they dont go n then when you get off the exit the pass you with there emergency light wanting to race thats we call ricer fly by......has any encountered that or anything similar....

yes and no lol most of thime its on a regular street and the come flying upbehind me then switch lanes to go around me but i speed up and block them in olgreatest thing ever i LOVE doing that.

·
Registered
60 Posts
yes and no lol most of thime its on a regular street and the come flying upbehind me then switch lanes to go around me but i speed up and block them in olgreatest thing ever i LOVE doing that.
Yeah they all think there bad asses i was comin home late night driving on th highway a flock hatchbacks were behind me cutting back n forth sound like flies on shit hahaha

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ricer fly by FTL...my 1/2 ton truck is faster than most cruddy ricers. Many fart cannons are MORE restrictive than the stock mufflers to make them louder...there's very literally NO benefit to having them. And they sound like shit.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ricer fly by FTL...my 1/2 ton truck is faster than most cruddy ricers. Many fart cannons are MORE restrictive than the stock mufflers to make them louder...there's very literally NO benefit to having them. And they sound like shit.
well i agree there but ive been pulled over for my exhaust and i have true dual flowmaster 40 series.

i didnt change it

·
Registered
113 Posts
I don't care how loud my exhaust is as long as the sound it makes is a good one...and under NO condition would I put more restrictive mufflers on my vehicle. 4 bangers especially sound crummy with exhaust systems...or the lack thereof depending on the case. In fact the only engines that I find really make appealing noises when coupled with an exhaust system are V8's and V12's. Although I will admit i've heard a few I6's that sounded pretty badass.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i saw one too!

hi everyone, my name is LA and, i too saw a dark red Impala with SST on it. It looked good. I own a 08 SS and im looking for the ground effects i saw on that SST. Im from Illinois by the way if maybe we saw the same car. Im looking for info about where i can order the ground effects from. Thanks in advance. La.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts