Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a 2002 Impala 3.8 that's been a great car, but it's getting long in the tooth and I'm considering assigning it to the usage of my two teenage drivers at home.

I'm looking at a new 2007 SS (yes, actually new - never been licensed). I was just wondering how owners have found the torque steer that might accompany a 300HP FWD car?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
the torque mgmt (aka fun killer) does a decent job of reducing it, but ya FWD+303HP+Torque steer, just not as bad as one would think... No where near as bad as the Caliber SRT..... Go testdrive one, you'll be the best judge of it. I'm actually lost w/o the TS now LOL...

·
Super Moderator
3,946 Posts
The 90s cars have no torque steer atall.:wink:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I currently own a 2002 Impala 3.8 that's been a great car, but it's getting long in the tooth and I'm considering assigning it to the usage of my two teenage drivers at home.

I'm looking at a new 2007 SS (yes, actually new - never been licensed). I was just wondering how owners have found the torque steer that might accompany a 300HP FWD car?
I have a 2007 SS and TS is there, but you will get use to it. I turn off the TC and it seems to work better with it off. Go ahead buy it great car and fun to drive.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Only time you really ever noticet TS is when you try to power into a turn. Other than that you never notice.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Only time you really ever noticet TS is when you try to power into a turn. Other than that you never notice.
That's pretty much true. I should have explained better on my post.

·
Registered
68 Posts
As mentioned take the traction control off and there is no pulling. With the TC on you fight the wheel since it is going crazy trying to control the wheelspin. I think the car is one of the best fun per dollar cars on the street!

·
Registered
123 Posts
As mentioned take the traction control off and there is no pulling. With the TC on you fight the wheel since it is going crazy trying to control the wheelspin. I think the car is one of the best fun per dollar cars on the street!
Very will said very fun car to drive for the $$$$.

·
Banned
351 Posts
I just bought a used 2007 and the Torque Steer scared the hell out of me the first time I put the pedal to the floor... It only took about 2 days for me to get used to it... Once you know its there, its easily controllable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's interesting that everyone seems to agree about turning off the TC. That's what I do in the winter now in my 02 Impala because I find the TC kicks in far too easily in icy conditions and actually creates dangerous situations, as the car lurches and stumbles. So, that being said, I should have no problem doing the same in dry conditions with the SS and really having some fun. The car arrives in about a week and I'm really starting to look forward to it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts