Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does my supercharger need to be maintenanced? If so, how and how often? Have read about checking the oil, but how is that done?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Supercharger oil change

I've heard 50K miles, but just changed mine at 28K...it was certainly needed, as the oil was dis-colored and stunk pretty bad! I've been getting 30K as a response from a few other maintenance guru's...I say better to do it sooner than later (especially if you like to use the supercharger as much as I do).

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
according to gm, the S/C doesnt need to be serviced at all, and the life expectency is ~100k, that being said, it ALWAYS stinks badly, easiest way to change is w/ a syringe and airline hose and suck out as much as you can. It takes 1 1/2 bottles IRRC

·
Registered
60 Posts
Does my supercharger need to be maintenanced? If so, how and how often? Have read about checking the oil, but how is that done?

I just changed mine, on a 04 ss if you look at the snout of the supercharger

You can go to your dealership or browse online for the supercharger oil which looks like this...

Carefully unscrew that, I would do this when your engine is cold. I found it easier if you have a spray nozzle and just spray it in a water botttle like this image

Get as much as you can out and just refill it with the bottle, I would purchase two bottles and once you do that your all set!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know or have pics of the filters?

I have filters for the supercharger. It's a square filter that looks like it goes inline somewhere. GM Part # is 801528 - foam filter it's small too. Does anyone know where they go?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
ummm nowhere on the car that i know of
Ive had the SC apart and saw no such part...

EDIT: that part number is a wastegate solenoid filter for an 86/87 Buick GN

1 - 7 of 7 Posts