Impala Forums banner

161 - 180 of 184 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Nice li'l 7th Gen at a neighbors' house down the street........

Alright, I'm going to admit I really don't know about this next one.
'60 Impy, maybe? Dunno, I'm REAL bad at anything before '69.
Anybody?

·
Go Get It
15,039 Posts
It's a '60 alright, but maybe a Biscayne? Hard to tell

·
Registered
479 Posts
This baby pulled up next to me on the job site today, so I snapped a few of it with mine.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Very nice!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm just seeing now that 7th Gen with a light bar. ...I don't know what to say, it's almost as fugly as the 8th Gen "soft top"

·
Super Moderator
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Thought this was cool.. 2 base 7s, same color, parked opposite directions.

·
Super Moderator
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #170

·
Super Moderator
12,434 Posts
They're obviously different "shades" of red though. I'm assuming that the exact shade of red GM used just changed over the years? Or are there 2 different shades of red available? Or was @KGs car re-painted (I know that he had some paint issues where the paint has "fallen off", so maybe it was repainted?).

Just curious.

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
No my car is a Cobalt Red. According to my dealership it is pretty rare, most of the time they used Red Jewel Tintcoat which is a lot more common and brighter red. Also used Victory Red on GM/Chevy trucks as well. Also they had Bordeaux Red Metallic that year.

In the year 2008 they dropped the Brodeaux and in 2009 dropped the Cobalt Red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
588 Posts
In a movie from 2015 called "I have your Children " Love Impala's and everyone I see. I see at times 10 or more a day.

Sent from my LG-VS450PP using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
18,410 Posts
For the first time, I saw a Holden Caprice with a car pulled over on the highway. Couldnt take a pic, because I was driving.....But I nearly snapped my neck turning to look when I realized what it was!!! :cool: :lol: :nerd

·
Super Moderator
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #177

·
Registered
630 Posts
There are tons of Impalas in the town I live in... It would not be unheard of for me to 5 or 6 if I run an errand somewhere. Most are 06 up LTs, some LTZs here and there, fair amount of 7th gens still running around. 94-96 SSs are very rare... Can probably count on 1 hand how many I have seen in the 3.5 years I have lived out here. Hopefully I can make mine stand out a tad bit more without going overboard. Most Imps out here are driven by 60+ olds...

·
Registered
308 Posts
There are tons of Impalas in the town I live in... It would not be unheard of for me to 5 or 6 if I run an errand somewhere. Most are 06 up LTs, some LTZs here and there, fair amount of 7th gens still running around. 94-96 SSs are very rare... Can probably count on 1 hand how many I have seen in the 3.5 years I have lived out here. Hopefully I can make mine stand out a tad bit more without going overboard. Most Imps out here are driven by 60+ olds...

Sounds like where I live. Only difference is I see more LTZs then I do LT. But all are pretty common. I think I have the only SS here, if I venture into Ohio I might one or two. I did run into a fellow LS4er at the post office. It was a white Monte Carlo SS with black rally stripes. That's the only other LS4 car I've seen in here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I see lots of 7th and 8th gens all the time

out here they are used as "rainy day cars" that is when you mostly seem em

in the rain out here people suck at driving and you dont want you newer car get jacked up because some stupid ass hit you

this is why people just go out with their impalas
since it's inexpensive to replace if someone hits you Way better then getting your new 2017 wreaked

More then likely it will get totaled since the speed limits are high out here 45 to 60mph on the big streets people dont change their driving habits in the rain

161 - 180 of 184 Posts