Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my 05 impala has been acting up. The check engine light sometimes comes on, but it's always acting weird. The code is multiple/random cylinder misfire. My car shakes when idling or when I'm coming to a stop. It has shut off 3 times, once while exiting off the interstate and twice while turning. The blinkers sometimes stop working, the green arrow comes on and stays constant, doesn't blink. I fix that by turning hazards on and off multiple times quickly. I have replaced plug wires and used a fuel injection cleaner. The car has about 220,000 miles on it but I keep it maintained.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Recently my 05 impala has been acting up. The check engine light sometimes comes on, but it's always acting weird. The code is multiple/random cylinder misfire. My car shakes when idling or when I'm coming to a stop. It has shut off 3 times, once while exiting off the interstate and twice while turning. The blinkers sometimes stop working, the green arrow comes on and stays constant, doesn't blink. I fix that by turning hazards on and off multiple times quickly. I have replaced plug wires and used a fuel injection cleaner. The car has about 220,000 miles on it but I keep it maintained.
The first problem could be several things. It could be as simple as bad plug wires or a bad coil pack(s). But some underhood diagnostics will be needed. Have you inspected the plug wires?

The other problem is very likely the hazard switch. I've done one, but can't recall much about it. I think you need to pull the front fascia off the dash. Don't remember what I paid, but Oreilly's shows an AC-Delco hazard switch for about 72 bucks plus tax.

Doug

1 - 2 of 2 Posts