Impala Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Autos Insider | GM's Detroit-Hamtramck plant to add 2,500 jobs | The Detroit News

Not sure if this means the end of Impala production in Canada, but this article hints at an all-new Impala coming for the 2014 model year. It is unlikely the Hamtramck plant would be retooled for a design that will only be around for a few more years. My guess is that the current Impala will be built through 2013, with the possibility of the current model being renamed the "Impala Classic" and being produced for sale to fleets only, for maybe 1-2 years after the 9th Gen Impala debuts. GM has done this in the past with the Malibu.

In any case, it's good to see GM is adding jobs.

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Awesome! I can't wait. GM seems to be doing this more lately, and it's REALLY important and honestly, I'd rather pay extra for a car and know another family had a steady income because of it.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts

·
I'm Impy and I know it
190 Posts
Completely agree Don!!

·
Super Moderator
10,775 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
That stinks. Canada is cool though, they really supported us and reached out after 9-11. With it was in the US though, and even more so MI. Locally, we are still doing well here locally in Lansing (Traverse/Acadia/Enclave/CTS/CTS-V/SRX/etc are all good sellers).

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Canadian production I do not have issues with, especially when you consider how geographically close many of the plants are to Detroit.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Canada is ok with me (I would prefer to see it in the US though). I hope the new Impala has AWD and a V8 or I might be looking at the Charger R/T.

·
Super Moderator
10,775 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
The SS will be from Down Under, I believe. Same as the G8 was and Cappy is.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts