Impala Forums banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
CAR UPDATE:

As usual the insurance company said they wanted to total out the car. That's a no go, we told them the condition, miles, ect and they evaluated the total value of it at $7,700.00. We've had the insurance company come by and analyze the damage and are waiting for the "fix-it" quote and then i can get to work ordering parts. Stay tuned :eek:k3:

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ordered these parts today:

Black housing headlights:

SS Mesh Grille:

Lost the front license plate filler that i had found to someone else :( but i'm still on the lookout for an SS bumper cover and plate filler. If you see one LMK!

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
FYI, unless that is an OEM SS grille, the bar in it will NOT have the full bowtie "surround" piece (you'll see what I mean when you get it)

What I did with my buddy's was to just plasti-dip the stock grille bar, and swap it over to the new grille (very easy to swap the bars out).

I'd recommend doing it with paint though. The dip matched the matte finish well, but hasn't really held up.

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
FYI, unless that is an OEM SS grille, the bar in it will NOT have the full bowtie "surround" piece (you'll see what I mean when you get it)
I'm going to be using the other grille's bar and it's all getting painted gloss black when the car is in the paint shop :eek:k3:

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
Nice, just wanted to make sure you were aware :eek:k3:

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Put my first and only decal on this car. Being a b-body enthusiast through and through this was mandatory for me in order to own a w-body :lol:

And i finally got the hood open. Had to remove the grille first and kinda pry it open. Release was smashed in. The motor is clean though

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Wow looks pretty clean!

How does the lower radiator support look?

Usually that's a good indication of how well these cars have been kept in the winter

·
Registered
774 Posts
SS bumper cover is no longer in production best bet is to buy the extention and make it work on LS bumper

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
SS bumper cover is no longer in production best bet is to buy the extention and make it work on LS bumper
I think I have a lead on a used one, keeping my fingers crossed.

Got my headlights and grill in this week. Going to take it to the paint shop Thursday or Friday

Top is new, bottom is old. Probably going to switch out center pieces anyways and just paint the chrome black. Might be doing the emblem in body color, i'm not sure yet though.

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
Are those headlights chrome in behind the lens?

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
Interesting. Every other aftermarket one I've seen has had the dark grey housing.

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
That Monte Carlo looks excellent, I'm sure the Impala will too. I might have missed it on here, but what is your plan for lowering the impala?

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
Not a big fan of those wheels. Looks like they belong on a Subie more than an Impala.

Thanks for the link to the dual exhaust set-up. Definitely interested in getting that done at some point.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
That's the thing with wheels - it is such a personal opinion that it's really not much use to ask others what they'd prefer - you kind of need to decide what you like best and run with it...

I don't like those particular wheels either (color or style). I like the more traditional five-spoke chrome designs myself. But like I said, it seems that everyone has their own opinions as to what wheels look best - it's a very "personal" decision, in my opinion...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
That Monte Carlo looks excellent, I'm sure the Impala will too. I might have missed it on here, but what is your plan for lowering the impala?
Depends on when I can get it done. If i'm working full time it will have coilovers installed on it. Until then i might take the easy way out and order some cheap canuck springs

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
Depends on when I can get it done. If i'm working full time it will have coilovers installed on it. Until then i might take the easy way out and order some cheap canuck springs
If you're working full time, and can afford coilovers, and you have the SS, and this is just a daily, not a sports car, would you consider bagging it? Obviously it's more expensive, and much more involved, but the adjust-ability and damping are really well suited for daily driving.

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
The bag system is about the same price as the coilovers. About $2k for the drop-in kit from StreetTrends.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts