Impala Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Impala Limited LT. 3.6L Engine. No mods. Bought used (rental) with 46,000 Mi, now had 90,000
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep seeing stories about this drunk driver of an Impala who went up the embankment by a bridge and jumped over the crossing traffic before crashing on the other side.

Reactions: mattjhsn

·
Registered
2009 Impala SS
1,510 Posts
Jailed for a year minimum sentence no judicial discretion, felony on record, pay all medical costs of any victims, and license to drive permanently revoked & flagged in the interstate violators database.
Death as a result of drunk driving should be felony murder just like being part of a crime where someone dies with the addition of a $250,000 fine paid directly to the victims' family on top of the jail time with no judicial discretion. The state doesn't deserve to benefit from the fine.
Last an not least. Vehicle seized, transported, and auctioned in another state. 100% of the funds paid to a fund to defray drunk driving victims' medical costs. If this violation has a victim then 100% of the proceeds of sale go directly to that victim or their family. None of this BS of siphoning funds back to the PD and buying cappuccino machines or gym equipment.

Reactions: mattjhsn

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's so damn dangerous, not only for him but for all road users. How is it that such an alcoholic driver still has a driver's license? Next time he will kill someone. My husband also liked to drive drunk. We fought so many times over this. I was very much afraid that he would kill someone on the road. In the end, it stopped only thanks to blackmailing on my part. I threatened my husband that I would turn him into the police if he did not go to the fherehab.com rehab center for help. He understood that I was serious and did it. It took him a long time to admit that he did indeed have a drinking problem. And I'm extremely glad that no one was hurt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts