Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this is in the wrong area. I have a 2008 Impala LT. When I accelerate from a complete stop, the vehicle sometimes takes a second to react and then jumps forward, kind of like when someone steps on the brake, revs the engine up, and then releases the brake while keeping the foot on the gas pedal. I am not confusing my gas pedal with my brake, my floor map is not stuck on the brake, or anything like that.

Does anyone know what could be causing this or if this problem has a technical name? Thank you!

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Never heard of that issue before, unless its more like giving it gas in neutral and then dropping it into gear. If thats the case you may have a failing transmission.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a 2006 Impala and have (had) this identical problem. I don't know what the exact solution is, but I can tell you this: since (1) installing the Overkill ECM/TCM tune, and (2) doing a comprehensive fuel system cleaning with 3M, I haven't had the problem. Car hasn't had this issue now in about 2 months. Fingers crossed.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
I have a 2006 Impala and have (had) this identical problem. I don't know what the exact solution is, but I can tell you this: since

installing the Overkill ECM/TCM tune
Car hasn't had this issue now in about 2 months. Fingers crossed.
:hope:

Sounds like low transmission fluid pressure you and the OP have...

Overkill is supposed to help this :idea:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts