Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, I have a 2003 Impala LS with a 3.8L engine and I have some problems with my transmission. The problem is when I go 100 km/h and more, the transmission don't change gear and the check engine light start flashing. I go at Canadian Tire, because GM was close and the technician told me that there is no alarm on the computer. Everything is working good on the motor. But they can't told me what wrong. Thanks very much to all will give me a response.

·
Registered
557 Posts
If the check engine light was on, then there has to be some codes in the history. Did they find any codes? Let us know if u have it looked at, I doubt its the transmission. Especially if the light flashed. It might be a bad mass air flow sensor or a clogged cat.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
If the check engine light was on, then there has to be some codes in the history. Especially if the light flashed. It might be a bad mass air flow sensor or a clogged cat.

x2

pay the $100 and take it to a dealership and have it scanned, unless you know someone local w/ DHP or a HPTuner. IF it was the trans it SHOULD repeat @the same RPM in every gear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts