Impala Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that I got the Overkill tune done, I need a sweet looking grille for my 9c3. Decided to pick one of these up off Ebay:

Chevy Impala Chrome Steel Mesh Grille Grill Grills Insert Kit 06 11 | eBay

The seller has these on Amazon too with excellent reviews. Should arrive this week...will install and post pics. Some of the aftermarket stuff on Ebay is really great...for example, I bought the ""B" pillars - six piece set - for the worn "B" pillars on my 2006 and 2007 black Impalas. Installed both at the same time in July and to date, they look AMAZING and have held up perfectly to the elements.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
The mesh grille looks really classy. I bought the slotted aluminum grille for my car and it looks pretty good too. They just bolt right over the cheap, shitty plastic grille that comes with the car. Just be careful when popping out the factory grille. :D

·
Banned
748 Posts
The mesh grille looks really classy. I bought the slotted aluminum grille for my car and it looks pretty good too. They just bolt right over the cheap, shitty plastic grille that comes with the car. Just be careful when popping out the factory grille. :D
So whats the difference in a grill and grill insert ? You gotta stick the insert on top of existing grill ? How does it hold in winter/snow and high speeds ?

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
So whats the difference in a grill and grill insert ? You gotta stick the insert on top of existing grill ? How does it hold in winter/snow and high speeds ?
The grille inserts cost about $100. The replacement grilles cost about $600, so cost would be a major factor. The grille inserts bolt over the factory grille and they hold on pretty tightly. I love mine. :beer:

·
Banned
748 Posts
The grille inserts cost about $100. The replacement grilles cost about $600, so cost would be a major factor. The grille inserts bolt over the factory grille and they hold on pretty tightly. I love mine. :beer:
The grill i just put on cost me $140 shipped so how is grill insert cheaper ?

·
Banned
748 Posts

·
Banned
748 Posts
black rims...it's crossed my mind!
Everyone thinks about them but when you look at your budget those thoughts remain as thoughts.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Nice job. I like the mesh grille. It gives the car a 'Bently' look. :)

Reactions: Orioles
1 - 15 of 15 Posts