Impala Forums banner

41 - 60 of 1210 Posts

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
i have a 96' Caprice Classic/ Impala SS... it's the same thing as an SS with the SS kit and all.... i have a 350 LT1, police interceptor, new paint (all the flake in it...NEW and u can see ur reflection in my paint!) i will never own anything but a Chevy or a big body CHEVY! i also have an 87' box chevy brogham edition..working on restoring it! so, if anyone wants to talk to a female that knows her big body chevy thangs..get at me!

LuvDisChevyThang!
Just to clear a few things up. You have a Caprice, it's a cloned SS, there is no SS 'kit'. You have an LT1, there is no 'police interceptor', that was pretty much a Ford term for the Crown Vic.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Who cares its still cool that she drives a B-body? This is supposed to be a discussion of women driving impalas, not a debate on which year is better, I think there's already a topic on that. Any year impala is great if there's either a woman driving it or modeling with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hell Yea

In my personal opinion, there hasn't been an Impala made in 12 years. The 7th/8th gen cars are jokes to me. Too bland, too boring, too rental car, idk.

I really have no idea where they got the new designs from. The Impala is supposed to be something that catches eyes and respect even when stock. Since the 90's, they haven't had that at all. The Lumina-pala needs to go.

Look at the 50th Anniversary Edition. V6?! 23X HP?! NOT SS?!:mad:
I was really looking forward to getting one to have for the history value, but I'm gonna just call it the 47th Edition since they went on the hiatus and wait til 2011 when they hopefully find some way to release the RWD car so it can be a TRUE 50th Edition

WHOS WITH ME?!?!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Yo i agree with u bro. after 96 it was like impala came to a halt. like i keep saying it aint ss if it aint rear wheel drive. It was the last of a true american muscle.....that new shit is cute......lol i can see my lil sister driving the new ones. just for the fact, that im chevy to the grave

·
Registered
6 Posts
wtf caprice wiz

i cant beleive this fool called the bbody a mess..... u must have been dropped on ur head as a kid.or kicked in the balls real hard. cause if u cut for any gen impala after the 6th. your stright homo. 96SS IS THE BESTFUCKTHEREST. Come get some if u want some homie.:mad::biggrin::cool:

The 96 demands respect

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
try working on them, they're a pain in the ass. I'd rather work on the newer ones. They're easier. I'm not sayin they don't have power or anything like that, and they're not a bad looking car, but damn if you had to keep putting distributors and water pumps in all the time you'd get pretty pissed off with them too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
try working on them, they're a pain in the ass. I'd rather work on the newer ones. They're easier. I'm not sayin they don't have power or anything like that, and they're not a bad looking car, but damn if you had to keep putting distributors and water pumps in all the time you'd get pretty pissed off with them too.
I guess I'm lucky because I've never had to replace a distributor or water pump in my 13 year old car. I wouldn't say they're hard to work on at all. I really don't have any expertise in working on my car but I really have no problems at all.

Add that to the fact that the Aftermarket is STILL thriving for the 94-96 Impala, it really IS easy to make the car special. Not so much for the newer ones...

·
Banned
3,667 Posts

Like I keep saying, obviously you dont know much. The water pumps and dist. on these cars are cake. I work on these cars daily, hell everyone within the surrounding states knows us as we specialize in these cars. Quit your belly aching and whining just because you choose to work on a car and it requires you to spend a couple hours on it.....your a mechanic right????? arent you suppose to like having work to do so you can make a living?

This thread took a whole new direction and it's 100% your fault for lack of a better choice of words. Now people are turning on you for a simple sentence. It does not have to be this way, we are here because we have a fondness of Chevrolet/GM based vehicles.....no matter if its RWD or fwd.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
woah... there, its my opinion, its just like "a** holes, everyone's got one and they all stink" And I'm a flat rate tech so it means I don't want to work on something that doesn't make me money. Haha, and besides, in this area if you get a 10 year old car and older, its all rusty, and its nothing but opening a can of worms. I don't know if you've ever worked on a rusty car, but if you have you know you can't make money on them. One thing after another can go wrong. And so you know, I'm a GM man all the way. There is no other car maker that I love better. I think GM's are the only vehicle anyone should drive. You can never convince me otherwise. I have nothing but respect for anyone who drives a GM, they're smart people. Unlike them Ford owners.
Besides, how the hell did this thread turn out like this? I was hoping just to meet women that drive impalas not what year of the impala is the best. I don't care which is the best, they're impala's, and that's ok by me.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
I thought the 50th was the 303 hp v8. Besides, at least the other designs weren't as bad as the 90's, with the screwed up engineering. I don't mind working on all the other ones, except the 90's. The B-body's then were just a mess.

This should refresh your memory:)

Yes I have worked on rust infected cars, thats why I choose to not live where snow hits the ground I drive on. I dont want my car to die from rust nor to work on rust.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I agree Angel but I live in Minnesota and have to store my car for the winter, but thats alright. She only has 51k on the ticker. Again I stand by my statement as before:

:worthless_thread:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Dude, I see brand new 2008 Buicks with rust on the subframes especially if they come from Jersey or New York. And today we had an 05 Chevy Malibu in that needed an intermediate shaft and the bolt was rusted so bad an impact gun could take it out. The torch is our friend around here.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
You want nightmare??? right side manifold with bolts so rusted they break.... exhaust leaks customer complains and out comes the torch,drill,eaze outs and lots of patience.. Now thats a nightmare:)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
its not just pics I want, I want to meet the chicks that drive impalas. And if any are around the Philly area just let me know. HEHE

·
Registered
1 Posts
I usually just come on here to read, never have posted. I am a female who happens to love Impalas... previously owned an 01 currently have an 08. But according to some people on here its not a real impala since its fwd.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm a female and actually in love with GM in general but i drive an impala. I was looking at a 64SS as a project but don't have the time or money to put into it right now. I'd go for a nova or older camero too. Where I am from, all the guys seem to like ricers. I guess a girl can dream.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Amber don't worry, I think its awsome you drive an impala, FWD or Not, besides mine's front wheel drive.
As for kbaker, where I am all the girls love ricers and the guys get them just so that they can get the women. Haha, posers.
I'm glad we got 2 female impala lovers. Come on more women!!! WOOHOO!!!!

41 - 60 of 1210 Posts