Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1209 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I bought my impala awhile back and I went out to celebrate and show it off. Its an 04 Impala SS Indy. So my buddy takes me to a strip club and he's making a big deal about it. And the girls are all like ewww... I don't like impalas, I'd rather drive a honda. I almost got up and slapped the biatch. But now, I'm on this site and I see a few ladies with impalas. And I just want to say thank you to the ladies that have taste in what they drive.

·
Registered
47 Posts
In my personal opinion, there hasn't been an Impala made in 12 years. The 7th/8th gen cars are jokes to me. Too bland, too boring, too rental car, idk.

I really have no idea where they got the new designs from. The Impala is supposed to be something that catches eyes and respect even when stock. Since the 90's, they haven't had that at all. The Lumina-pala needs to go.

Look at the 50th Anniversary Edition. V6?! 23X HP?! NOT SS?!:mad:
I was really looking forward to getting one to have for the history value, but I'm gonna just call it the 47th Edition since they went on the hiatus and wait til 2011 when they hopefully find some way to release the RWD car so it can be a TRUE 50th Edition

WHOS WITH ME?!?!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the 50th was the 303 hp v8. Besides, at least the other designs weren't as bad as the 90's, with the screwed up engineering. I don't mind working on all the other ones, except the 90's. The B-body's then were just a mess.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
I thought the 50th was the 303 hp v8. Besides, at least the other designs weren't as bad as the 90's, with the screwed up engineering. I don't mind working on all the other ones, except the 90's. The B-body's then were just a mess.
They are a simple machine with tried tested and effective technology. Ask most police officers which generation of Chevy they loved and STILL love the best.... the 90's will be the answer. Even now compared to whats available, maybe that's why we refurbished THOUSANDS at the request of police agencies around the US. I take offense when you call these cars a mess. They do not have the nostalgia of the cars 50 years ago but they have so much more to offer.

·
Registered
119 Posts
They are a simple machine with tried tested and effective technology. Ask most police officers which generation of Chevy they loved and STILL love the best.... the 90's will be the answer. Even now compared to whats available, maybe that's why we refurbished THOUSANDS at the request of police agencies around the US. I take offense when you call these cars a mess. They do not have the nostalgia of the cars 50 years ago but they have so much more to offer.
well said

·
Registered
47 Posts
:sign5:
B-Bodys=Mess?:confused::confused::confused:

I really don't remember anyone ever saying anything about the 94-96 Impala. It was an instant classic and remains to be a head turner even when stock today. Most people that AREN'T enthusiasts would see the B-Body and instantly know its an Impala. A lot of the same people wouldn't recognize the newer versions as an Impala if it wasn't for the 2390 badges. (exaggeration)

The B-Body was, and still is, one of the most popular generations of cars--PERIOD. I've had opportunities to get newer cars but always say no because I'm just fine with my piece of history.

NEVER DISS THE B-BODY!:icon_axe:

·
Registered
47 Posts
2008 Chevrolet Impala 50th Anniversary
Pictures, Features, Specs, Dealer Quotes
$25,245
$23,857
3.5L V6 211HP
18/29 mpg

:thatswck:

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
I try to sit back and think before I let the typing commence here, sometimes (like today) it's hard to think before typing since certain thing's are triggered. I understand everyone thinks differently about themselves and what they drive....that's all good but don't put your foot in your mouth and speak for others.

When I give my opinion/advice/concern/praise/ANGER it comes from years of practical knowledge, from years and THOUSANDS of these cars coming thru MY DOORS and being worked on by my people as well as MYSELF.....so im not just talking out my arse here.

In the same years as the LT-1 b body was being tested on tracks, the Vette of the same time was also being tested.....Compare the numbers and you will notice a VERY close comparison. "A mess" would not be able to come up with these number's. You wanna talk about a "mess" go play with crown vics....the civilian vic is actually faster than its P71 police version!

·
Registered
36 Posts
impala

I know alot of members like the 90s ss impalas more than the new version but the new ones are still nice cars. They have good power and a good ride with all the modern options that people want without having to add on stuff. They are also good in the snow if you only have one car.

·
Registered
483 Posts
So, I bought my impala awhile back and I went out to celebrate and show it off. Its an 04 Impala SS Indy. So my buddy takes me to a strip club and he's making a big deal about it. And the girls are all like ewww... I don't like impalas, I'd rather drive a honda. I almost got up and slapped the biatch. But now, I'm on this site and I see a few ladies with impalas. And I just want to say thank you to the ladies that have taste in what they drive.
Well consider the source whe ntalking to a woman who takes their clothes off for a living. Most strippers are dumbasses.

BTW :worthless_thread:

M

·
0 Posts
Ladies..................

Well, you kno the fakes always gon hate.... I rep my heavy chevy.... every chance I get!!!.........:smile:

·
Registered
5 Posts
so I noticed no one really stayed on topic. lol. but i would like just to say i used to have a crush/fling with a guy who drove a honda hatchback.....yea and him having a honda, total turn off!

but you shouldn't care to much what girls who take their clothes off for money care. :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I like and intend to keep my vintage 1977 Impala, though if I had to get another car I would look for a 94-96 (preferably 96) Impala SS.

Angel, does your shop get much calls on working on the 77-85 Impalas? I understand they were also very popular with the police departments back in their day.

And for this thread record I have never heard of the 90's having any problems.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Topic was not much of a topic anyways....more or a clouded rant that we are correcting.
:biggrin: If there was a smily that was a sign saying "You're the Man", I would use it right now. That made me laugh.

To rayss: Don't think I'm dissing you personally.. but I was one of the few who were lucky enough to inherit a 90's Impala. I know those are hard to come by nowadays so people have to go for the next best thing while they can.

The newer Impalas ARE good cars, they do the job and fit in today's world of bland, compact, efficient cars. I just have always thought of the Impala (And the Mustang along with some other cars) to be in a different class than the every day, ho-hum sedan.

The Impala is much more than just a sedan. Its name sake deserves more than to be reduced to something like what it is. You have no idea how happy I was to hear the rumors of a new TRUE PERFORMANCE IMPALA coming (and my subsequent sadness at its delay/halt)

50 years later and they celebrate the '58 with this?!
Check this after the picture and tell me you wouldn't rather have IT http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FirstDrives/articleId=121399?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..1.*

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
EU4IC;116446 50 years later and they celebrate the '58 with this?! Check this after the picture and tell me you wouldn't rather have IT [/QUOTE said:
On the first one I also cannot believe they came out with that car for the 50 annivery edition.

Second, my Impala is still weighs 466 pounds less than that car, I would rather have the motor, tranny, and a better rear axle. For those in my car would make my car outrun it. It amazes me that these newer cars have more weight than mine yet the newer ones are made out of very thin metal and bunch of plastic. Then fenders of my car is as thick (or thicker) than the metal core support of the new car bumbers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Impala girls

Thats why thos girls work at strip cubs they have no sence or taste..... us real Girls know what a real car is thanks for noticing hunny!

·
Registered
47 Posts
On the first one I also cannot believe they came out with that car for the 50 annivery edition.

Second, my Impala is still weighs 466 pounds less than that car, I would rather have the motor, tranny, and a better rear axle. For those in my car would make my car outrun it. It amazes me that these newer cars have more weight than mine yet the newer ones are made out of very thin metal and bunch of plastic. Then fenders of my car is as thick (or thicker) than the metal core support of the new car bumbers.
I guess its mostly because of all the technology that they pack into the cars these days. Its just crazy how they're able to make these technological advances but not be able to make them LOOK better. We're not supposed to like the appearance of a 50 or 40 year old car when compared to a modern one

As for making these cars heavier to withstand a crash. IDC what anyone tells me. If I get in a wreck, I would trust my boat of a 95 Imp over one of these newer cars any day.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey EU4IC I like the old impalas also. My first car was a 64 impala ss All I was saying is that if you only have one car it has to be practicle. My first choice of impalas would be a 1960.

1 - 20 of 1209 Posts