Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got these and installed them about two months ago and forgot to post. lol :yikes: Anyway, here's pics! IK they're the old letters, I'm doing those throughout the car when I start (Err....resume) my interior. :yahoo: They're vinyl stick ons with an "Aluminum" finish.

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'll be sure to look for some of those...

...after I replace my inner rocker panels and the rust infestation with them. :giggle:

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
I wish they made them in the 8th gen lettering. I've always like the way they sills look.
Agree - I have found stickers, but not the aluminum.

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
I plan to have some vinyls made for mine, but just letters, not a border. im pretty sure thats what dons are, just in an "aluminum" finish. they also have "chrome" and "carbon fiber"

·
Registered
418 Posts
Polished Door Sills: Impala & Caprice Store

They're a lot more pricey but also polished aluminum. Different choices as well. For the 91-96 B-body but I'm sure they'll fit on other generations. Otherwise you could call and get the measurements if you went that route. :wink:

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's the eBay #. 150618253547

Yeah, the woodgrains on hold. My car's got to go for some paint touchups at my uncle's shop. Gonna have him do it since my car will be out of commission for a bit anyway, and if I DIY, the door panels need to be out for a week. :) Plus it will look better pro. Now I gotta save up a few hundred for all the work.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Yeah me too - those are the decals I was talking about. Problem is , they see some rough use, no idea how a decal would hold up - certainly cheap enough though to maybe evn buy two sets - one as a backup. I have bought a lot of stuff from NAIOA shop - good place. The sill decals always worried me though.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Its that kinda of talk that got you in trouble in the first place over there Don. They are six year rated. ;)

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
2010 Chevrolet Malibu door sill emblems

I just ordered these aluminum GM "Scuff Plates" from my local dealer - they are stock equipment on new Malibus - $46.72 for both sides (front) from my dealer.

I have seen them in person and know they will fit and look good - plus they are real OEM GM parts - for whatever that is worth to ya. I had a rental, I will admit, and I peeled one off and put it in my car to see how it would look, then returned it to the rental car since I am not a thief. Continued to ponder ordering a set until this thread prompted me to do so. :) Supposed to arrive tomorrow or Friday.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
hah....because everyone knows that kids getting into/out of the back will fuck them up, adults getting in and out of the front will simply step over them so as not to scratch or mar them in any way. :giggle:

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Yeah, no rears.. :( They are brushed aluminum, not decals or otherwise, so they are pretty sturdy (like Don's). I have seen some rental Malibus with 40K plus miles and the aluminum sills still look good. If they can hold up in a rental car, they should be fine if somebody drags their foot on it etc - but I do wish there were rears too.
I remember when I saw them in the new Malibu, my first thought was: Why didnt they include these in the Impala?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts