Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to crank my car and it clicked when I tried to start it. It has done it before and I can move the battery cable and it will crank. I had the post tightened thinking that would prevent it from not cranking. It still did it and I got it to crank although it was hard to move the post. This time it just clicked continuously and then went completely dead. Now it is no longer clicking and my key is stuck in the own position and I can't get it out. What could be wrong?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've seen the stuck key issue before. It was a dead battery in my case. How old is your battery? A 2011 probably needed the factory battery replaced in 2015-2016, and it's probably due for another battery right about now. Can you remove it and take it to an auto parts store for a load test? Maybe decide which store based on battery pricing? I've bought Advance Auto "Silver Line" (mid-grade) batteries in the past and they've lasted 5-7 years for me, but every battery is different, and it depends on your climate and vehicle usage. When I just buy a new battery outright, I typically buy the EverStart batteries at WalMart. Usually least expensive and I've never gotten less than 4-5 years out of each one (in a sunbelt state). Expect to pay about $100+

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was actually the battery. UT was under a 4 year warranty so I just went and replaced it. Thanks for your response.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts