Impala Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Damn i reply late, sorry yall .
See i know a lil about cars , but not enough to do my own work on em . thank all you for real .. ;) .
Im goin to start with the alignment . firestone? I might as well guve them my arms and legs now ..lmao . im just being picky cause i got a road trip for my baby sis coming up an ill have my daughters in this car

·
Super Moderator
1,591 Posts
Firestone's lifetime alignment was a good investment for me when I had it.. However I don't trust them to do anything but an alignment..

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
^^Agreed - alignments and wheel balancing only for Firestone! :) And tires, of course (but you do pay a premium to buy tires there).

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
Just something I came across when it comes to checking fitment on not-stock wheels.

When you put the wheel on to check clearances, do so with NEW brake pads, as they will cause the caliper to stick out farther. If you check the clearance with worn pads, and then get a brake job, you could get some unanticipated rubbing down the line!

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
^^Very good point! I was worried about that exact situation when I put the Charger wheels on my Impala. Luckily for me, it wasn't an issue in my case, but definitely something to consider. Would suck to take you car in for inspection, need new brakes and then not be able to move the car because the calipers are hitting into your aftermarket wheels after they put new brakes on! :) Would be pretty damn embarrassing as well!

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi a question on those 08 wheels (love that look) I have an 03 impala all stock suspension and would like to find a set like yours...are there any modifications I need to do or will they fit the vehicle as is? They look like they fill out the wheel wells nicely! Thx, Mike (fairly new member)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts