Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking into buying a classic car and i narrowed it down to a 69-70 Chevelle, 60-64 (probly 64) Impala, or 64-66 mustang. if anyone could help me make my decision and support your answer than that would be very helpful. Thanks

·
Registered
483 Posts
im looking into buying a classic car and i narrowed it down to a 69-70 Chevelle, 60-64 (probly 64) Impala, or 64-66 mustang. if anyone could help me make my decision and support your answer than that would be very helpful. Thanks
If it was me I would go for the Impala, mustangs are cool although I like the 67-68. Parts for the Mustang are going to be easier and cheaper to get. The Impala might be the hardest of the 3. I never got into Chevelle's, so I cant speak intelligently about them. Good luck.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Chevelle's are making a come back. I have a 71 SS LS6, no where near original. Building it for the track and running a stroker SB right now. Finished the frame ( body off restore ) and all the powertrain now just gotta finish the body. I've had Mustangs and unless you going all out with it there not worth much. Just my $0.02
IMG_1417.JPG

·
Registered
119 Posts
I always would lean towards the least popular. While harder to get parts, some car shows get damn boring with the Mustangs, Camaros, Chevelles, etc.

Personally, I still want a late 60's early 70's Mark Lincoln. Sadly they are becoming more popular so by the time I have funds they will be all over again. :frown:

·
Registered
483 Posts
I always would lean towards the least popular. While harder to get parts, some car shows get damn boring with the Mustangs, Camaros, Chevelles, etc.

Personally, I still want a late 60's early 70's Mark Lincoln. Sadly they are becoming more popular so by the time I have funds they will be all over again. :frown:
Try the edsel, it was unpopular to start with.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Try the edsel, it was unpopular to start with.
LoL

Hot Rod Edsel doesn't have the same ring as a Hot Rod Lincoln.

I always wanted to dechrome a lincoln, paintin it flat black, and making a sleeper outta it.

Who'd really think a boat like that could get off the line? I have seem them cruise tho and was quite impressed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts