Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
ok i truned my car off and now it will not start back up took it to a meachanic and they cant figure it out, so can u help me out. ? What do you think the problem might be?

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
do a fuel pump pressure test,to make sure it is getting enough fuel,make sure the plugs is getting a good spark,is the starter turning the motor over fast enough,you could also check FOR a bad sensor.good luck

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
HI
I would NOT go back to that mechanic... That's there job to figure out whats wrong...
There are 3 things that a motor needs to run..
Air
fuel
spark
it has to not have one or more of those to not run. A simple test should provide that info...
we know its getting air,
is it getting spark at the plugs ( pull a wire off and put a screw driver in the end and hold it near a bolt and have someone crank the motor does it spark.. if so then that's OK..
is it getting fuel.
good luck
tim

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
There is an immobiliser on these cars from what I understand, if the battery went bad, or disconeccted that could have told the ECU that something was wrong and will not allow the car to start until it is reset.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
buy a spark tester, looks like a spark plug, safer than a screwdriver ;)

they're only about $10 and a great tool to have, if still no spark it may be the coils

disco the battery USUALLY will not trip the factory kill, unless the pcm is bad, if it has an aftermarket kill...good luck

which engine is in the imp... out of curiosity

·
Registered
2 Posts
What do you mean it won’t start?
Engine cranks, doesn’t crank, accessories work, don’t work?

·
Registered
83 Posts
my 01 would crank but not start, and it was the fuel pressure regulator, the mechanic said it was a common problem with the impala's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts