Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two mornings ago I started the car up to go to work... car idled for maybe 30 secs before I turned the a/c on and the car started vibrating particular the steering wheel where I felt it the most... I turned the a/c off and it stopped... it still happening... and now when I turn the car off it turns off but now I get like an after shock vibration when the key is already takin out of the ignition. Also the first gear start to slip a little and jerk forward... I'm taking it in to get it looked at tomorrow at the dealership... possible its under warranty 08 ss 77000 miles.... thanks a lot guys!

·
Registered
954 Posts
I am not sure what could be causing this concern. I would recommend taking the vehicle in to have it looked at. I can also look into warranty information for you with your VIN. Please feel free to contact me via private message as well. Keep us posted.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good news guys got a call they told me the harmonic balancer was bad so they are replacing that but what bout the transmission....

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Depends on when you car was sold... its a 5 year, 100,000 miles powertrain (engine and tranny) warranty. Im sure you have less than 100K. You most likely are under the 5 year umbrella as well.

·
Registered
954 Posts
2g1wd58c889131102
Is the transmission under warranty
It looks as if your Powertrain warranty is available until 06/13/2012 or 100,010 MI, whichever comes first. I would recommend discussing with the dealer directly about your concerns about what it covered under your warranty. They are the best resource to get this information. Please continue to keep us updated.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So the everything was covered under the warranty the wobble was due to a bad harmonic balancer and the transmission is being pulled apart as we speak ... have my car back by this wensday ... they even gave me a rental for the week ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts