Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went on winter vacation and I school today and my car wont crank. No solenoid click or anything. It was running better then it ever was before I left from all the work i did on it. And the idea of it not cranking because of the cold doesn't make much sense to me because i remember last year i didn't drive it for about a week straight. But then again it was outside in the sunlight. Anyway i have a heat lamp on the solenoid and starter motor just to make sure.

I do have full battery. oil, and gas in the tank. It just wont crank and no sound from solenoid. ANY IDEAS?

I just tested the solenoid connection with a tester light and it is getting juice. and the ground for the battery is good!

i have school in 5 hours so anything to try would be awsome!

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
can you jump start it using another car. The voltage can look ok but if the battery is down it might not have the power. Also do the lights and radio work?

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Hit the solenoid with a hammer and try again, if it works the solenoid is bad. If it doesn't work, it might still be bad, its not a perfect test...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i just found out that the 3 fusible links that run off the battery to the horn relay got disconnected. looks like someone somehow fucked with my car when i was away :WTF: because the extra cord coming off the negative and the fusible links were disconnected. I have found the points to connect the positive side but the thick wire coming off the negative is short and i cannot find another hanging wire where it connects. I now have accessories but my ignition is not working and looking at the schematics they are located in the same switch and if one works so should the other. However the schematics does not say anything about an extra ground wire. I tried setting it against the frame and still nothing! it must connect to something somewhere. I have NO IDEA :bang:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts