Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
...(but not loud) whirring sound? 2008 impala LS front wheel drive about 19,000 miles on it

i think the sound is coming from the front

when im going slow 25-35 i hear a slight ticking sound coming from the front (windows have to be down to hear) i dont know if this is just my tires , because all my tires are balanced good, and my car doesn't pull to the left or right

when going highway speeds 65- 70 + i think im noticing something i never heard before on this car (more when im pressing down on the gas rather then coasting) very slight, whirring sound, (i hear it when all windows closed) because when all the windows are open i dont hear it because of natural wind sound so the sound is very slight, but its there and something i never heard before

intake manifold? or wheel bearing? what do you think

full warranty but i just wanted to have an idea before i go to the dealership

what do you think?

mechanics or other 06-present impala owners, have you had/noticed this problem before ?

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
is it supercharged? or dose it have a cold air intake? that might be it, or take it to the dealer it might have warrenty

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
is it supercharged? or dose it have a cold air intake? that might be it, or take it to the dealer it might have warrenty

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
no 08's are s/c'd

may be wheel hub/bearing or brake wear bars, or just something stuck underneath

does it pull to etiher side? get worse during braking? pull hard during braking?

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I take it she does not see your posts to the threads here, lol .

If she does then I will tell you what I told a friend of mine:
"Put down the shovel, and step away from the hole."

Kenny

1 - 8 of 8 Posts