Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this Forum; I sought it out to get advice on a possible purchase of a 1995 Impala SS. It is Green with a Grey interior the SS has over 150,000 miles and the engine has bottom end noise. Other than high miles and engine noise the car is as clean as a Nickel Whistle.

Since the engine is bad I'm thinking; perfect opportunity to have it professionally rebuilt and modified.

My questions are; what is a car like this worth, what are they worth in excellent condition and how hard are they to get HP out of. Is the block a 4 bolt main, how durable is the transmission, rear-end and suspension? Also, are there any inherent problems with this model and/or year?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Since it is the green impala SS, it is somewhat rare. LT1's are good runners. They are actually 2 bolt main. LT4 kits are good, but over priced. The better route would be a heads and cam combo for 425 hp at the flywheel for about $1800. Check advanced induction and there is another one, but I can't think of it right now. Air intake and full exhaust (Headers too) with 2.5 pipes. Change the rear gear ratio from a 3.08 to 3.73 or 4.10. Stall in the tranny. BTW-the transmission is the weak point. Then you would have a very cool ride.

What is the guy asking for it? Mint with very low miles (under 30,000), you could pay $15 -$20K. Over 150,000, maybe $5-8K.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Original Owner is asking $4,500. I went on KBB and it states that "Excellent" Condition with 150,000 miles is worth $5,500, I'm thinking that since a professional engine rebuild will cost $2,500 - $3,500, I will offer $2,500 and see what happens.

I was hoping that the LT1 came with a 4-Bolt Main and Stiffer Tranny but so be it, those things can be beefed up.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
just roam around here u will see alot of article that can beef them up...

there alot of good points about that car and for 4500 id buy it u can add alot of horses for 2500 ,...... just look around dont give the big shops the business u can buy alot of AFTERMARKET parts for 2500 if u know what im saying:biggrin::smile:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts