Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I leave my house and i'm driving down the street and there's a curved turn and a dodge neon always parked on the side of the road. I go around it and make the turn and next thing i know i crash into a silver Toyota Camry. I'm so depressed right now. My mom told me i have full coverage and police and ambulance already came and got our info and i already called Allstate and made a claim etc. They said an agent will come tomorrow to look at the car. Im hoping they dont consider it as a loss but i dont have frame damage. My radiator is bent on the driver side though along with my fan.

Damages:
Hood
Driver Fender
Driver Headlight
Radiator/Fan
SS Bumper

Already have new spare fenders in the house, my stock head lights, and i can get an 04 fan/radiator for free. Another SS bumper will be hard to find.

·
Registered
195 Posts
ouch man. that friggin sucks. im still waitin on my first accident :/ hope it doesnt come soon...or ever for that matter.

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Dude that sucks.....Glad to hear YOU'RE ok. If that SS lip is in decent condition, I'll TAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!! :) lol Insurance is a b*tch so they may, really depends on the company. They may come out and the guy may find more than to the eye, or since somethings got a ding, it's gone. Usually front end crashes are taken really seriously. Good luck, keep us posted!

BTW if you need that black trim piece for the front bumper I got one.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Oh danm!! Still sucks for anyone you seem to have put some money in it, but like will the insurance company replace the "Halo" headlights or just a stock headlight?

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Tell the insurance what parts you already have if they try to total it. Those extra parts may save you from loosing the car to the insurance.

Only one time have I had to deal with the other persons insurance and with in one month my car was repaired. Three other times mine had to pay someone else and it still was not to bad. Just hated the premiums going up on one of them.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
That won't be a total, the only thing I would worry about is deductible and points.

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
nah man, you should be good. i had a 2000 with similar damage and it got fixed. it was the fender, the bumper and a headlight. total was 1800. and i also had $2500 of damage to the side fixed at the same time.i have allstate too

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
While the damage looks a lot uglier, I had a similar accident on my 07 SS... Hood, bumper, headlight, grill and some misc pieces were replaced with original OEM and painted. Total value of damage was under $2000, and I didnt have to pay my $500 deductible becuase i bought some of the parts used.

Not sure what the regulations are in your state, but here in NJ, if the value of the damage is below a certain dollar amount ($2000 or $2500) then they just mail you a check (less your deductible) and you can fix however you want. If that means you pockets the check and dont get it fixed, they dont really care, just as long as your arent fraudulent. So make sure when talking to the Insurance Co, you are aware of all of your options. If you can pick the body shop and have them just send you a check, make sure you take that route, because theres always a little wiggle room to help shave off your deductible.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Quote "but i dont have frame damage" You don't have a frame.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
There is the sub-frame, but that is replaceable.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Huh?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys. That imp is a little darker than mines. I found a base impala the exact color as mines. Im getting the hood and fenders off that and pocketing the $1000 check in insurance gave me. Im fixing the car up myself. So far i have all my parts. Got the radiator yesterday and im waiting to buy gaskets for my ac compressor lines before i put it on. Might as well fix my ac while everything was apart ya know. But after taking everything off there wasnt any other damage so it was just my fender, hood, and bumper. Heres an update pic so far. And the best is yet to come because my stage 2 zzp intercooler just came in the mail today. Will post pics of that later.

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
Nice. Glad things are coming along.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update.

So far i put in the new radiator, fan, and new ac condensor and have fixed my non working (for 1 year) ac. Refilled with freon, coolant, bled the air and car is running good.. Now i am waiting for my ss bumper to come in the mail then its off to the paint shop with the parts.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
^ have you been following this thread?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts