Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Chevy Impala.

Ever since the $2500 A/C repair at Pep Boys this past summer I have had a recurring problem with having to jumpstart my Impala every week to 10 days. The alternator has been tested by a reliable testor & tested fine. Walmart replaced the battery under warranty 6 weeks ago as a possible solution to this problem. Still I am having to jumpstart the car every 10 days while the car starts fine every day in between.

Any thoughts on what could be wrong here?

·
Storm Trooper Ralf
4,334 Posts
Maybe a small draw some where draining the battery? If it was that small the alternator would recharge the battery right away like it wasnt even there. So it is exactly every ten days? Not 9 or 11?

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Sounds like they have pinched a wire or shorted or grounded a wire out, probably a high resistance short or ground. Check around the AC to see if you can spot anything.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Sounds like a damaged ground to me, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1 Posts
2012 Impala LTZ

my instrument panel flashed all the warning icons, my battery light came on within 10 minutes of driving today, then 10 moe minutes my battery message was now in saver mode. My screen flashed off and on, engine surged a little. I made it home and in the driveway it stalled. battery originally tested at 5 volts, 20 minutes later it read 12.5 volts. I had to jump start it but the Service Battery
Charge System came on. The alternator and battery was checked on Monday by O'Reilly, said to be in good working order. That night the red battery light shut off and turned back on this morning, I have not had the ignition switch replaced. Could that be a problem. Any advice would be appreciated. My Impala has 65,000 miles so I am out of bumper to bumper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts