Impala Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Do you know what empathtically means? I suggest you do some research on the term and then get back to me, because if you think your delivery was empathetic, you're completely WRONG!
I emphatically suggest you learn how to read,and hopefully expand your vocabulary in the process. Whoops,wrong again. Feel free to take a moment to apologize...emphatically,if you feel so inclined.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Your delivery was definitely hostile.
That's definitely your opinion. Headstrong?...yes. Heedful to misinformation?...absolutely. Hostile?...No question that plano-doug was antagonistic (synonymous with hostile) when he stated (falsely,I might add) that my example was not a Landau top, No hostility there,huh? But,I was hostile by challenging him after feeling challenged myself? So,thanks to doug & company we all know what a Landau top is,and the spelling & meaning of the word "emphatically". The sad part is that we were already there after around 5 posts,but the hostility emphatically continued for some odd reason...I think it may have been an unfortunate typo or something...IDK

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Nah, no reason to apologize to you or your cheerleader. Talk respectfully to others, and you'll receive the same treatment. If you think Doug was antagonistic, I think you have some issues.
Once again,I would love for you to give me specific examples of what I said that was disrespectful.It seems you're having a vocabulary breakdown now....ANAGONISTIC = showing or feeling active opposition or hostility toward someone or something.
So,are you gonna try and tell me that doug did not show active opposition to my example of a Landau top? Clearly he did with his initial comment ; "Technically, a landau only covers the rear ~third of the roof. So this is a full vinyl roof and not a landau." NOT TRUE. And then he doubled down by posting the photo array to bolster his claim(s),which we all know now to be untrue. Explain to me how,(as he said),was being friendly? How is telling someone straight forward that they're wrong equate to hostility? By replying with a second uninformed post,he was really thumbing his nose. And spare me your "Do unto others" stuff and actually back up your thought process and opinions with some substance as I'm attempting to do. Personally,If you don't think Doug was antagonistic, I think you have some issues.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Once again,I would love for you to give me specific examples of what I said that was disrespectful.It seems you're having a vocabulary breakdown now....ANAGONISTIC = showing or feeling active opposition or hostility toward someone or something.
So,are you gonna try and tell me that doug did not show active opposition to my example of a Landau top? Clearly he did with his initial comment ; "Technically, a landau only covers the rear ~third of the roof. So this is a full vinyl roof and not a landau." NOT TRUE. And then he doubled down by posting the photo array to bolster his claim(s),which we all know now to be untrue. Explain to me how,(as he said),was being friendly? How is telling someone straight forward that they're wrong equate to hostility? By replying with a second uninformed post,he was really thumbing his nose. And spare me your "Do unto others" stuff and actually back up your thought process and opinions with some substance as I'm attempting to do. Personally,If you don't think Doug was antagonistic, I think you have some issues.
I think when you start using caps like saying someone is " completely WRONG!" it seems a little hostile. You might call it emphatic, which it may be, but most people will see it as over kill. If you were having a face to face conversation with someone, I doubt that is the way your initial response would be. I can see it being used if after a few different times going back and forth he still disagreed with your point of view. I think a more polite reasonable response to his comment would be something like "I disagree with you. You should check out the origin of the landau top, might change your opinion." Anyways...just my take on this whole thing. I didn't read his first comment as hostile/aggressive (just possibly incorrect based on some research that he did that honestly makes it seem like a reasonable point). Not everyone on the internet is out to get you...you can chill just a little in your first responses to disagreements.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yes, I am openly saying he did not show hostility towards you. Someone disagreeing with you is not antagonistic.
When you disagree with somebody and proceed to double down with the same argument because you've written off the possibility of being wrong,you're damn right that's antagonistic. You still haven't told me where you think I showed hostility. You're also overlooking the fact that I started the thread as "tongue-in-cheek" & reacted to somebody disagreeing with me that was WRONG. People are sooooo sensitive these days. If I speak the truth & it hurts your feelings,change your truths.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
You seem to be awfully sensitive, you're right.
I've been right the whole time. You might have realized that a bit sooner if you weren't so busy making a fool of yourself over a word that you clearly couldn't read or comprehend. With you I am done,son.

Landau Tops definition;
patyson - 1
opponents - .5 (partial credit)

Spelling,Definition,& Use of the word "Emphatically" ;
patyson - 1
opponents - 0

Presentation of facts;
patyson - 1
opponents - .0

Skills required/exhibited to perform basic Google search(es) ;
patyson - 1
opponents - N/A , TBD

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Haha getting you to drabble on, pricless.
What a brilliant retort Robbie! Unfortunately,you've overstepped your bounds yet again. Drabble = yet another word you don't know. Drabble in that context is a noun,clown. Beyond priceless Haven't you embarrassed yourself enough? LMFAO

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Lol, I've gotten everything I've wanted out of this haha. At this point I know I'm on your nerves ;) especially when you're mad enough to take it to PM 🤣🤣🤣
LOL...Mad enough at what? I was giving you a way to slip out the back door and spare you further shame. One thing you have gotten out this is a grammar/spelling/vocabulary lesson for which you've expressed zero gratitude.And yet another shallow post from you that says nothing,but at least you included more smilies again...pathetic.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Awe hes still sour about it haha
Awe = a feeling of reverential respect mixed with fear or wonder. Even though you used it incorrectly, (imagine that) ,I can understand how it could happen to you given your circumstances. Just when we thought you were progressing by omitting the smilies. Oh well,we still have faith in you & I anticipate "See Spot run" is actually within your grasp in the near future.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Ran outta words to use incorrectly,huh? Well,that's a nice selfie you took anyway. Got your smiley face mojo working again too. Nice job,Willie. Just don't try & do too much too soon,and set yourself up for that big letdown. I'm sure that's troubled you enough over the years. Hang in there buddy,we're here for you.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Wow,you are really struggling with this whole "English language" & "reading comprehension" debacle. You poor thing,it must be extremely frustrating not being able to focus long enough to complete a sentence or thought that is relevant to the conversation. It was fun,now it's almost...well,sad. It's ok if you can't keep up son,we understand.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I think when you start using caps like saying someone is " completely WRONG!" it seems a little hostile. You might call it emphatic, which it may be, but most people will see it as over kill. If you were having a face to face conversation with someone, I doubt that is the way your initial response would be. I can see it being used if after a few different times going back and forth he still disagreed with your point of view. I think a more polite reasonable response to his comment would be something like "I disagree with you. You should check out the origin of the landau top, might change your opinion." Anyways...just my take on this whole thing. I didn't read his first comment as hostile/aggressive (just possibly incorrect based on some research that he did that honestly makes it seem like a reasonable point). Not everyone on the internet is out to get you...you can chill just a little in your first responses to disagreements.
He wasn't simply disagreeing with my point of view,he was arguing against established facts,period. And who are you to tell me what I should say & how to say it. He thumbed his nose at me because he knew he was wrong & proceeded to escalate with personal attacks repeatedly despite the fact he was wrong about that as well. You're WRONG too.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Looks like someone took the trash out and cleaned up this thread. Thank you!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Looks like someone took the trash out and cleaned up this thread. Thank you!
No kidding,huh? I coulda stopped posting,but I just couldn't let him off the hook that easy. He refused to acknowledge any missteps on his part whatsoever. And thank you for injecting what seemed to be the only other sane replies.

·
Registered
408 Posts
He wasn't simply disagreeing with my point of view,he was arguing against established facts,period. And who are you to tell me what I should say & how to say it. He thumbed his nose at me because he knew he was wrong & proceeded to escalate with personal attacks repeatedly despite the fact he was wrong about that as well. You're WRONG too.
I think you are missing that the first person who made the comment is not the person who continued on with you. There were no personal attacks from the person who may have mistakenly corrected you about what a landau cover is. That's not arguing. Maybe you need to go back and look at who posted what again. Anyways, if you took that at as a personal attack, I'm sorry that you feel everyone is trying to attack you...must lead to a lot of unneeded confrontation in your life.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts