Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...this Faux Convertible / Landau Top mod would make a second IOTM a guaranteed lock for me!
20200105_155222[1].jpg

But,I think I'll just go with the scoop for now.

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Dude! looks nice!! I've been kicking around ideas for a custom hood, since I have a spare laying around waiting for me to mess with. I was thinking about going with the z/28 style hood but that's seeming to get a bit "typical" these days. But this 4th gen SS scoop looks great!! Giving me ideas... :unsure::unsure::unsure:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I'm here for,sparks of inspiration but I didn't anticipate being on the giving end from jump.

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
That's what I'm here for,sparks of inspiration but I didn't anticipate being on the giving end from jump.
Well, you and I have always gone back and forth with this on our builds over the years... so pretty typical that here we are again lol

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
That landau top...

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
That landau top...
At first glance, it surely gets your attention. But after looking at it for a while, I like it. It grows on you. The black complements the silver nicely.

Nit: Technically, a landau only covers the rear ~third of the roof. So this is a full vinyl roof and not a landau.

Doug

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At first glance, it surely gets your attention. But after looking at it for a while, I like it. It grows on you. The black complements the silver nicely.

Nit: Technically, a landau only covers the rear ~third of the roof. So this is a full vinyl roof and not a landau.

Doug

Technically,you're completely WRONG! I suggest you do some research on the origins & variations of the Landau Top..then get back to me.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Vinyl, cloth, canvas, half, quarter or full they all look horrible.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I was trying to be friendly, not hostile.

Here's my quickly researched reply.

Doug

View attachment 162989

I wasn't suggesting you were,nor was I trying to be hostile...simply factual. The examples you show represent a mere slice of the Landau Top pie while representing a limited time period & what was marketed as a Landau top. Those are simply variations & interpretations of such. A basic Google search for "The origin of the Landau top" will reveal that the example I provided is actually much closer to what a Landau top is/was than the cherry-picked examples you have offered.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your delivery was definitely hostile.
Well,you're straying from the point,but I would love to hear exactly what it was that you perceive as hostile. Because I emphatically pointed out the fact that you were wrong? You were. Because I suggest you research the subject further (before making another uninformed statement)? How is that hostile? Tell me how I should have worded it as not to bruise your feelings? Have you done as I suggested to broaden your horizons regarding Landau Tops?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
patyson used the word "emphatically" not "empathetically".

Also patyson, it was plano-doug that you said was wrong about the landau top, not robhazmat.

I do agree with patyson about the full top being a landau.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
It actually wasn't a typo, you didn't read and understand the word he typed.

This thread is getting confusing because patyson is getting robhazmat confused with plano-doug in his argument.
robhazmat is getting the word emphatically confused with empathetically. Patyson used the correct word when he emphatically pointed out that plano-doug was wrong.

Emphatic - showing or giving emphasis; expressing something forcibly and clearly.

Reactions: patyson

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
lol you still aren't getting it. The word he used was emphatically, not empathic or empathetic. Reading is fundamental. You did not make a typo you just aren't reading and comprehending. Instead you are trying to define a word that no one even typed except you.

I can't believe I have to keep pointing out the word to you and you still keep reading it wrong. Maybe if I spell it out...

E- M- P- H- A- T- I- C- A- L- L- Y

or maybe a little rhyme will help you... notice the "H" after the "P" not the "T"

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
lol you are still getting it wrong. You keep using the word empathically when that wasn't the word. The word used was emphatically. What a moron.

View attachment 163004 how much more help you need little fella?
Cracks me up it is pissing you off so bad you have to resort to failed personal attacks because you can't comprehend what someone typed. By the way, my car is a 2LT just like yours, mine just has better looking wheels. I guess your stock wheels were so great that you got rid of them. The wheels you have now aren't my cup of tea but they do match your ricer style headlights anyways.
Mine also has a driver that can read and comprehend words.

I suggest you calm down, slow down and read what others type instead of jumping to conclusions. This will help your temper tantrums which can't be good for your health.
When you are called out for a mistake don't get all huffy and type dumb things, it just makes you look ridiculous. We all make mistakes, owning up to them is what makes you an adult not a child.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Do you finally see that you were looking up the wrong word? That's all it was about and you had to throw a hissy fit. lol

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I never commented if he was being hostile or not. I was making a comment that you were misreading and not comprehending the word he used. Talk about a lack of intelligence.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I'm not being a cheerleader for you but I'm glad you admit to acting like a douchebag. That's a first step to recovery.
If you have anymore to say you can take it to PMs so this thread doesn't go any further down hill. You were proven wrong and either you can't accept it or you're just too ignorant to see you keep using the wrong word that nobody even mentioned in this thread but you.
I'm done arguing with you, it's like arguing with a child.
Your other account was banned I'd hate to see this account of yours banned as well, I'd miss out on all the comedy.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Your delivery was definitely hostile.
Well,you're straying from the point,but I would love to hear exactly what it was that you perceive as hostile. Because I
Do you know what empathtically means? I suggest you do some research on the term and then get back to me, because if you think your delivery was empathetic, you're completely WRONG!
I know exactly what I typed & what it means...there was never a typo.
pointed out the fact that you were wrong? You were. Because I suggest you research the subject further (before making another uninformed statement)? How is that hostile? Tell me how I should have worded it as not to bruise your feelings? Have you done as I suggested to broaden your horizons regarding Landau Tops?
Congrats, got me on a typo. The point still stands. He clearly doesnt understand the meaning of the word.
There was no typo to "get you on". What point still stands...the point that you can't read the word? Maybe that's due to you not knowing the word,because I clearly do understand it,how to spell it,and how to use it. All you had to do was copy it & paste it into a search engine to prevent yourself from looking foolish instead of worrying too much about trying to make me appear as such. Wrong again,my friend. Is that too hostile for you?
And I didn't get confused at all,I just lumped the 2 of you/them together after being accused of being hostile by both with nothing to back it up other than opinion. There wasn't any "I think you were hostile" "or "I felt you were being hostile"...it was "You are/were hostile" which is merely opinion yet worded as if were fact. If something is factual,there has to be substance to support it,which I requested but never received.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts