Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its an 83 caprice and uses a carb (305 V8). The idle used to be fine not too long ago but if it sits there RPM's get to a point where i have to stomp the gas to make it go down "temporarily." I took off the aircleaner to paint it a while ago but i don't think i misconnected anything when i put it back on. I unplugged the anti-dieseling "thing" and the idle immediately went down "closer" to where it should be. Although its still not right as this clearly isn't the correct way to fix it. I had no choice because MPG's were going down. Any suggestions?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Check the choke adjustment and reset idle with the anti-dieseling solenoid reconnected...the solenoid should release and fully close the throttle plates when you shut the car off. Check for vacuum leaks as well.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
check your vacuum lines, it sounds like one is not connected properly, hope this helps

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
check your vacuum lines, it sounds like one is not connected properly, hope this helps

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

1 - 5 of 5 Posts