Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plus, with the technology they have today to build a better engine that is efficent that is better than the 440cubic inches gas guzzling engine from those days. They can make the same lenght which was when they were long and width when they were wide, the body like it was back in 75-76. And the reason why i'm saying this about the this type of Caprice because i sure miss that Caprice body style. i also wish they bring the boxy Caprice back from the 80's, especially the way Chevy messed them up with the oval body and today's Caprice

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I agree wholeheartedly. More room and they were easy to work on. Anybody could swap out springs and sway bars to make them handle like a dream. The motor was pushed back like it should be. No half shafts, expensive wheel bearings ot tinker toy transmissions. You could easily find rear gears to change ratios easily.
In those days they had Rochester two and four barrel Quadrajet carburetors. I loved em, but by today's standards every-thing's hands off fuel injection with throttle bodies.

Back to the wonderful sixties! My dad had a 66 Impala Convertible with a 390 horse 427 with the great old 400 turbo-hydro transmission. It had 356 gears. The first thing he did was change the the the old cross flag and cubic inch display on the front fender to the 396 emblem.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the new Caprice that is being built By General Motors Holden division and called the:
Holden WM Statesman, Chevrolet Caprice, Buick Park Avenue, Daewoo L4X and Holded VM Caprice depending on the market. Too bad it is not available in the USA,
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0d/2006_Holden_WM_Caprice_03.jpg/250px-2006_Holden_WM_Caprice_03.jpg

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i wish they would build them like they did in 75-76 because those year caprices and impalas make the best cars for demolition derby

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I personally like the 77 (5th Generation) better though the outside is smaller the engineers actually got more room into the passenger compartment compared to the 4th generation body style. And the engine is still easy to get to and work on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts