Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help finding performance parts for my 06 3.5 ls heads, rockers,push rods, etc....

·
Registered
913 Posts
Good luck.

Pretty sure no one makes heads for that motor.

Get a tune and spray some nitrous, that's probably the best you can do. I met a guy at the track who was doing exactly that with a 3.5 Imp. He tuned it himself and was spraying a 100shot, but still couldn't beat my stock LS4. His best time that night was like a 14.4.

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Trade it in. lol Sorry, but you need at least the 3.9 to do anything worthwhile with.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Where would you get prices on 100 shot nitrous? :yahoo:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks but i think ill just do a ls4 swap over i just bought one wit trans for 1500 they threw in computer for 100.came out of an 08 ss with 45k on it

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
that's a pretty good price for the package you got. I was gonna suggest a turbo kit, but that will do just as well. The wiring harness is prolly gonna be different too, and motor mounts, fyi.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey man i got a 06 chevy impala 3.9 LS and i want more HP man what can i do to make my car better faster and well have better performance

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
impalaforums.com

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Wish I could shove a LS4 in my car cheap(ish) and easy.
I dunno about the cheap or easy part, but someone on here did it. He had a post count of 8 when I saw his post declaring so......but I stumbled on it and haven't been able to find it again.

I was gonna post a link to the media section with the video of a guy who did it and ask if it was him, but I can't find my way back to his post to ask...:bang:

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
That is a lot of work... why didn't you just pick up an SS and save the time and money?

well, yes and no. There's a big price difference between a base and an SS model. Much farther than the 1500 he paid for the donor setup...if he knows what's what as far as mechanically inclined, he could save quite a bit over an SS price tag..

you are correct in the lot of work, and could've saved time part, but I think it'll be a bit cheaper (couple grand) in the long run if he doesn't have to farm out any of the work...

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Hey guys.... im hoping to clean up my engine bay. Whats the best way to get a nice shine? I dont want to damage anything.

Also, anyone know about FWD to RWD conversions?

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Turn the engine on, dump a bucket of soapy water throughout the bay, rinse with hose.

(Please nobody do this, this is a joke. I am not responsible for flooded engines).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@notamimpyimpy you are absolutely right much cheaper and labor is free im doing work myself just picked up my harness only thing is diiferent is motor mount positioni allready pulled the old engine and trans they even use the same subframe.but im lookin for a better suspension than stock ss.any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@zerominak not alot of work at all and way cheaper than ss plus i completely cut out traction control and stability assist

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
@notamimpyimpy you are absolutely right much cheaper and labor is free im doing work myself just picked up my harness only thing is diiferent is motor mount positioni allready pulled the old engine and trans they even use the same subframe.but im lookin for a better suspension than stock ss.any ideas?
I must admit I am at a complete loss when it comes to suspension. That's a wild animal that I could never understand. Many many many different aspects come into play when you start changing that shit. Even something as just lowering ride height changes how everything works. I would slide up to the 8th gen suspension section and start reading through what everyone else has posted up on the subject. I know 2 things, you can set it up for comfort, or you can set it up for performance, but you can't have both. You can set it up for a happy medium, but then you compromise on both fronts.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well Hell just do another swap out for an SS suspension package... Scorpio you are one to admire. If it is cheaper to DIY I will follow your footsteps... eventually haha

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Well Hell just do another swap out for an SS suspension package... Scorpio you are one to admire. If it is cheaper to DIY I will follow your footsteps... eventually haha
As long as you're willing to do the work yourself, or have friends willing to do the work for beer, it will always be cheaper, getting good deals on parts too help.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts