Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to drive an 04 Impala, but not anymore, because I gave it to my brother. I now drive a jap slab. But hey, I'm content with my corolla until I get my 1977 Caprice.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
You were very nice to your bother since you now are driving the older car now. I hope he appreciates what you did for him.

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
older or younger brother??
please tell me your gonna rice it out. as a joke. haha.

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Kudos for helping out your brother, that's a huge sacrifice. I'd be hard pressed to give anyone my car, especially now. Hope you can get into that Caprice soon and also begin your Law career.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments, everyone. I really gave it to my younger brother to drive it now. I really don't think its a huge sacrifice, I mean my brother wants my mother to buy him a honda accord, so in order to save 10 grand, i let him have the Impala. After all I don't legally own the Impala, my parents just give it to me. I got the Corolla for free from a friend of ours. I've put a lot of money into it from tune up to tires. Almost $1,000 put into it, so you know I'm going to keep the Corolla for a while. The A/C in the Corolla works good, just may need a new expansion valve or compressor, since it's not as cold as my pop's Silverado.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i charged it up to specs. Its blow really cold at times, but it takes a while in Houston when temperatures are over 100F. But my father's Silverado is cold as ice!

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
That's why I love my alarm. Can start my car and let it kuul down before I get to it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats cool man, I wish my corolla have that, I'd be coming into a cool car in no time.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Tint the windows, it makes a huge difference on the output of the AC.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I already did, but since Texas has a freaking law that 88 and newer cars can only have 25% front and the rest whatever you want is in effect i can only have 35% because that's all they have in store. I already tinted my car with 35% front and 5% rear. i'm going to redo it with maybe 30% front and 2.5% rear passenger windows and 5% back windshield.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I had mine professionally tinted 30% front 20% rear. If too dark the police can be more aggressive when pulled over since it may be impossible to see in the car. I travel through 3 states and head mine tinted accordingly. A good tint will have heat reflection built into it so no matter how light or dark you go it will help lower the tempature in the car.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm going to redo my tint with the same configuration as it was, maybe 30% but I have to pay someone to do it though. The tint I had wasn't UV rated, it was those cheap $9.99 Gila films. I'm gonna redo it soon with the UV rated tint instead. But I don't understand why those losers, well they who they are, have dark tint, darker than mines, but yet get away with it. If I pulled over a car with dark tint and big rims, u bet I would have my gun locked and loaded and my spot light right on the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts