Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...fixed, it had two problems:? 1st problem: seat warmers turned off almost instantly when turned on once in a while.
2nd problem: only drivers power seat doesn't work going up/down and tilt. the forward and back works and the passenger seat works 100% including up and down.

The person at the dealer shop said that that was all caused by "a weak battery"

is this possible? and if it is why would it only affect the drivers seat?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who was this "person"? a Mechanic? Sounds like typical Impala bad electrical connections. I have an 2003 and have a LIST of electrical problems caused by faulty connections.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it should still be under warrenty, have them replace the battery, if that's not it, have them find the problem and fix it

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I would take this car to a different dealership. The seat warmer may kick out if the car's engine is not running. Other wise all motors will work. Now I assume that the seat warmers were activated once the engine was running which means the car is running off of the alternator not the battery.
It sounds like your car has electrical issues, find a shop that will look for the real problem not pass it off as the "battery is weak".

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would take this car to a different dealership. The seat warmer may kick out if the car's engine is not running. Other wise all motors will work. Now I assume that the seat warmers were activated once the engine was running which means the car is running off of the alternator not the battery.
It sounds like your car has electrical issues, find a shop that will look for the real problem not pass it off as the "battery is weak".
I agree!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts