Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling my baby, my 1970 Chevy Impala. I would like your opinions on the best price to sell this. I know it depends on season, location, and who is looking. But despite those things, what would be a fair price for what I have? I have talked to A LOT of people and done a lot of research to get a price in mind... but I think I will get a better idea with everyone right here in one place.

400 Small Block

400 Turbo Transmission

64,XXX Original Miles

All Original and Stock (minus new CD player added by previous owner)

I am not a smoker

Comes with extra parts

Fresh coat of paint

Oil just changed

Use V-Power

Clean car

·
Registered
557 Posts
sorry, I don't think you should sell it.... its in great shape, and its only going to be more valuable in the future. I think owning a car like that is priceless. Why are you selling it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I know, I hate to sell it. But I also HATE running the miles up! And if gas goes back up that is more money out of pocket, it probably gets 12-15 mpg.

I don't have enough money to buy another car to drive in bad weather and would hate to drive this boat in the rain and snow. Nor do I have a garage to store in it.

I do have a car cover, but I recently had it painted (August) and the instructions said to not cover the car for 6 months; otherwise I thought the fabric pattern would show up on the top of the car.

I have to sell it; I love it too much and don't want anything to happen to it.

So I need money for a crappy, cheap car as well as money to save to move.

I am getting my dad's 68 Chevelle (with a 454) one day so I am a little less sad to see this go. I stated I wasn't getting it due to family problems with money but everything worked out; how unusual!

Please, anyone know of a good price? Winter is coming around the corner and I have someone who seems interested.

I looked up a few places and it seems to fit in the 6k-8k range, any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I quick look around and I would say $10k would not be out of the question, hell, if I had it you'd have it sold already.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts