Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife brought home paperwork after having oil change/tire rotation. She was upset at all the things/costs of what the claimed needed to be done. I tired to explain that alot is dealer $$$. So I finally,I said
20210108_151441.jpg
I'll post get people's opinions.

Her car is 2013 XTS. 33,OOO Miles excl condition. All boxes on vehicle inspection were marked green.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Brakes fluid....pass on it or do yourself...just pass unless over 100k or you race it.

Coolant....pass until around 100k then do yourself 20$

Transfluid...could wait but wouldnt hurt to do it every 30 40k...buy fluid around 30 40$

Fuel system....dump some seafood in the tank next couple fill ups...7-8$ per tank of fuel.

Plugs....about 8/10$ a shot..6 or 8 of them not sure about newer caddys...pretty sure they fine until close to 100k unless you notice engine issues before that.

Don't go back there

·
Registered
911 Posts
my garage told me they do a test on the brake fluid and when i actually asked for it to be changed around 200K they said i just had it done around 130K and it doesnt need it. i had never heard of a brake fluid test before but this is good news if so. but 33K for brake fluid does sound a tad soon. 100% too soon for antifreeze. gees my manual called for 150K for that. id love to know what they do for fuel system clean. i know someone that got a can of 'something' put in and it cost like 70 bucks. now if they are ripping off the intake and soaking it and cleaning it then id say that counts as a cleaning. i always have them do that when they do my plugs . whoever designed the impala plug location sucks. cannot really do the rears easily . speaking of plugs, that 500 estimate is nuts. unless it maybe includes removiing the intake like my car. but even that was about 400 only if memory serves me correctly.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Brakes fluid....pass on it or do yourself...just pass unless over 100k or you race it.

Coolant....pass until around 100k then do yourself 20$

Transfluid...could wait but wouldnt hurt to do it every 30 40k...buy fluid around 30 40$

Fuel system....dump some seafood in the tank next couple fill ups...7-8$ per tank of fuel.

Plugs....about 8/10$ a shot..6 or 8 of them not sure about newer caddys...pretty sure they fine until close to 100k unless you notice engine issues before that.

Don't go back there
ouch
...and do NOT dump seafood into your car,.... :)

there are two rear plugs that require the intake to be taken off-- not super difficult, but a lot of steps. 500 is high
that other stuff is just them trying to make $$$

·
Registered
649 Posts
Don't just walk away from the place, run.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Coolant flush at $184.00 is right in line. Brake flush price is why to high. You can do it yourself. I would not do a transmission flush. Have the fluid and screen changed. $500.00 for spark plugs (including plug cost) is way out of line.

·
Registered
911 Posts
just my brake fluid done on the impala and it was around 90 and i always think my guy is expensive. so 164 really is!
regarding coolant flush. what is involved in that. like the good ole days you have to remove freeze plugs etc?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts