Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 impala ls 3.4l. I need help with figuring out what is wrong with it. So first off the car wont start i have no response when i turn the key. When this first started it was weird my gauge needles would go up and down constantly and the lights on the inside kept flickering. The power locks and windows wont work and neither does my remote lock/unlock. I had a couple friends look at it and theyre suggestion was to replace the body control module so i did and it did nothing. Sometimes there is a clicking noise that sounds like it is coming from the fusebox or something. I tried being as detailed as possible and if theres any ideas please let me know. Thank you

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Have you checked battery and battery connections

·
Banned
97 Posts
I have a 2003 impala ls 3.4l. I need help with figuring out what is wrong with it. So first off the car wont start i have no response when i turn the key. When this first started it was weird my gauge needles would go up and down constantly and the lights on the inside kept flickering. The power locks and windows wont work and neither does my remote lock/unlock. I had a couple friends look at it and theyre suggestion was to replace the body control module so i did and it did nothing. Sometimes there is a clicking noise that sounds like it is coming from the fusebox or something. I tried being as detailed as possible and if theres any ideas please let me know. Thank you
Sounds like the car is in battery protection mode.
That just means the battery is dead.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a AAA battery and they came and checked it and it read 12.7v and said they wont replace it and its not the battery and when i jump the battery it wont do anything either

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
It's definitely the battery. My car does the same gauge jumping when I kill the battery. Volts have nothing to do amperage. Amperage is required to start the car.

I have had NO luck boosting my car from the battery side posts... Those little bolt heads are useless! I used the aux ones on the side and even those were terrible to get a good connection. I had my buddy wiggle the booster cables until my dash stopped jumping and I immediately tried to start and it worked. I suggest that.

·
Banned
97 Posts
I have a AAA battery and they came and checked it and it read 12.7v and said they wont replace it and its not the battery and when i jump the battery it wont do anything either
Static electricity is several thousands volts but does not have enough milliamperes to kill you

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
If the battery is fine I'd be willing to bet its the ignition switch.

Why were you so quick to replace the body control module? Was it reprogrammed by a dealer? If not, it's not going to work properly. They are vin specific and need to be programmed in order to work. How much did the bcm set you back?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts