Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, :confused: I purchased a Pioneer P3100DVD and installed everything until I noticed the factory wiring harness doesn't have a acc wire. I later found out it's because it works through data??... Anyways so i still have the red Acc+ wire and I tried connecting it to a different wire but it's a constant 12v power so the unit wont turn off at all as a result. Right now i have on a switch where i have to be switching it off when get off and the memory and settings erase so it's a pain! I read somewhere that I should run the wire to the Ignition wire under the steering column but i have no clue what wire it is. Also someone suggested to just run to the fuse box and connect it to R.A.P. Any help???? it would be greatly appreaciated, i just want to finish the installation.....
Thanks!:redface:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, :confused: I purchased a Pioneer P3100DVD and installed everything until I noticed the factory wiring harness doesn't have a acc wire. I later found out it's because it works through data??... Anyways so i still have the red Acc+ wire and I tried connecting it to a different wire but it's a constant 12v power so the unit wont turn off at all as a result. Right now i have on a switch where i have to be switching it off when get off and the memory and settings erase so it's a pain! I read somewhere that I should run the wire to the Ignition wire under the steering column but i have no clue what wire it is. Also someone suggested to just run to the fuse box and connect it to R.A.P. Any help???? it would be greatly appreaciated, i just want to finish the installation.....
Thanks!:redface:
Just run the wire to your fuse box and connect it to the CIG/AUX fuse and your set.

·
Registered
17 Posts
cig /aux

my amp is like that i have to take the fuse out of the amp to turn off the amp

question thought the cig/aux will still power my car charger for my phone so does that mean they will still give power to my amp even if the cars off

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
You should be tying into an adapter harness. This would take care of the ACC issue, as well as maintain your door chimes, and you wouldn't have to worry about getting the wrong wires crossed because all of the colors would match your radio harness.

Adapters for your radio:

With BOSE system
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120OSLAN02/GM-Factory-Integration-Adapter.html?tp=3486

Without BOSE system
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120OSLAN01/GM-Factory-Integration-Adapter.html?tp=3486

I would highly recommend doing it the right way.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you had the harness everything would be way easier but you can run the acc wire to the fuse box and tie into any fuse that turns on and off when you switch the car on and off. I used to tie into the windshield wipers with my remote turn on lead for my amp before I got my aftermarket deck and the wipers would still work fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you had the harness everything would be way easier but you can run the acc wire to the fuse box and tie into any fuse that turns on and off when you switch the car on and off. I used to tie into the windshield wipers with my remote turn on lead for my amp before I got my aftermarket deck and the wipers would still work fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I need help with this too. I have my aftermarket amp connected to the amp fuse but stays on all the time so I made it into a switch. But that gets pretty annoyin after a while. What's the best fuse to connect it to?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts