Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I need help, again! LOL Thanks for all the help you all have already given me. Here is my problem:
I am going to install and aftermarket radio in my 02 Impala. I have a Kenwood CD player head unit. The person at the audio store gave me a GMOS-LAN-01 OnStar Interface, but it says that it is for 06-Up I told him that my car is an 02 he said well this is what the book calls for. Does anyone know if this is the correct one or do I need a different one. Secondly does anyone know how to use this damn thing, I have installed many aftermarket units and systems but installing on in my Impala seems like it's going to be a lot of trouble/work.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yes I need help, again! LOL Thanks for all the help you all have already given me. Here is my problem:
I am going to install and aftermarket radio in my 02 Impala. I have a Kenwood CD player head unit. The person at the audio store gave me a GMOS-LAN-01 OnStar Interface, but it says that it is for 06-Up I told him that my car is an 02 he said well this is what the book calls for. Does anyone know if this is the correct one or do I need a different one. Secondly does anyone know how to use this damn thing, I have installed many aftermarket units and systems but installing on in my Impala seems like it's going to be a lot of trouble/work.
I put in a Pioneer HU and used the GMOS-4 harness which is for vehicles with onstar and retains factory chime.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put in a Pioneer HU and used the GMOS-4 harness which is for vehicles with onstar and retains factory chime.
I have the GMOS-LAN-01, but on the package it says for 06 and up but the audio place said that the book calls for this one, but I have an 02...:confused:

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have the GMOS-LAN-01, but on the package it says for 06 and up but the audio place said that the book calls for this one, but I have an 02...:confused:
I believe that one is made by metra also go on to there website or go on crutchfield and see which one applies for your vehicle but I don't believe the one they have you is right

1 - 5 of 5 Posts