Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanted to know if my car will raise up a bit more once i add 24" wheels on it? cause right now its sittin on stock 15"...

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
"DONKS" look dumb try something smaller like some 20" Blades wrapped in some Perelli's ,my Caprice is dropped and sittin on some 20" Giovannis wrapped in some Goodyears ,Im leaving the 24s for my Tahoe ,they look better on trucks anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
lift that box!

I have 24's on my 89 caprice and i live in new york which has the worst streets in the world and im running 305 tires,no bends,no cracks in my rims and im only using those lift cups for my springs.. but you will need alot of ball joints on hand if you want to do it that way or you could check out universal car lifts :biggrin:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not really....only half that height is "under the axle, so-to-speak...

The car doesn't "sit" on top of the whole 15 inches of wheel (not even regarding the tire itself).

And to the OP, of course your car will be raised up...how much you say?

Well, it depends on what suspension mods you have done or will do, etc., as well as the height of the tires you'll be using.
It's hard to throw a number with so many variables.
My suggestion would be to talk to a shop that has done this, or else someone with experience on the matter.

To throw for example, a 22" wheel on a vehicle does not mean said vehicle will now be 22 inches higher off the ground...:rolleyes::wink:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Not really....only half that height is "under the axle, so-to-speak...

The car doesn't "sit" on top of the whole 15 inches of wheel (not even regarding the tire itself).

And to the OP, of course your car will be raised up...how much you say?

Well, it depends on what suspension mods you have done or will do, etc., as well as the height of the tires you'll be using.
It's hard to throw a number with so many variables.
My suggestion would be to talk to a shop that has done this, or else someone with experience on the matter.

To throw for example, a 22" wheel on a vehicle does not mean said vehicle will now be 22 inches higher off the ground...:rolleyes::wink:
exactly what he said i.e. 22 inch rims u would be 11 1/2 inches or so of the ground depnding on tire size:biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts