Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they just poured this bottle in before they added the oil and let the engine run i hope its not gonna ruin my engine now? i went to get a mobil oil change thats why and there was alot of buildup in the engine thats why i got it done...

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Flush!....sure. I gave myself one some time back and that felt pretty darned good.

Cars have feelings to I guess

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If there is a lot of "buildup" (meaning sludge?) a bottle of cleaner is not going to remove it. More than likely, it will just loosen up enough of the crud to plug everything up.

As someone else said, it may be a good idea to change the oil again. Use a quality oil, and in the future, don't neglect oil changes like you HAVE been.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well its been my experience not to do this to a high mileage car as it can clog the oil pickup screen,just watch the oil pressure and i would recommend another oil change tomorrow good luck!

·
Registered
22 Posts
doing an engine fluch is fine. the proper procedure is to take off the old oil filter, make sure the oil level is fine, add the cleaner, run the engine for 5 minutes, then drain the oil, !! before putting the drain plug back run a quart or 2 or until you see clean oil !!, then re-install plug, change filter, and oil. doing the flush on a high mileage vehicle is ok. i have an 87 caprice with a 305 with 144,000 on it. i do a flush every 3,000 miles when i change the oil. i use royal purple. i do all my own work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts