Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I have two Kicker L7 12 Inch? SoloBarics, 1500 watt rms kicker amp mono, 10 farad capacitor, and an Optima Yellowtop battery the biggest I could find. I am being told I need to now buy a dual-battery isolator, and another battery to put in my trunk. Is this right? Also do I need 4 gauge wire running from my battery to the 2nd battery in the trunk. Any Car Experts Please help??

·
Registered
116 Posts
You dont need to have an second battery with isolator unless you plan on using your system when the engine isnt running.

You should be fine with a 200 amp altenator and 10 farad cap. I would run a 2 guage wire instead of 4.

My system in my 95 SS, has a MMATS D300HC slamming 1700 + watts rms into one JL Audio 13W7. 2 soundstream reference 644s running the mids and highs. My charging system involes a 200 amp altenator. 5 farad cap and 2 guage wiring. Headlights never dim and stays at 14v.

·
Registered
15 Posts
nice set up, ive got (2) kickers in my trunk too, where did u get your alt and how much did u pay for it? personally i would run 1/0 gauge wire, but that might be a little overkill for what you want to do, and you might need an isolator if (1) your car doesnt start becaue the batts hooked togheter drain eachother, (2) you listen to your radio with the car off, im buying a 200 amp alt and a deka intimidator batt this week, i ran all 1/0 wire and ive got two 15" kickers on two 1400watt amps, throw em in some custom boxes and she should pound pretty good, and p.s. make sure you do the big three, if your alt didnt come with upgraded wires, you NEED to upgrade them, just google "big three car audio" or somthing and if you need help let me know, i dont know much but i can help you a lil bit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts