Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...title and it says 1994 chevy caprice? i jus bought a 1994 chevy impala ss right, but i jus looked at the cars title and it says 1994 chevy caprice, and i went to carfax.com and put the vin numbers and it said it was a 1994 chevroloet caprice, but the impala i got gots everything the 94 impala ss came with, can you please help me im confused? and can u write back to me at [email protected] asap

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Look in the trunk, at the spid sticker on the lid, find the WX3 code, look on the Dr. door at the tire sticker...should state 17" tires, also the VIN can tell you, I just can't remember what the 8th digit is suppose to be. It is a known issue on titles for these cars as the Impala IS an option on Caprice's.

·
Registered
7 Posts
also the VIN can tell you, I just can't remember what the 8th digit is suppose to be
The VIN will not tell you - no difference between a Caprice and an Impala SS of the 94-96 vintage. The WX3 RPO code and the 17" wheel sticker are the only indications. But you may want to match the VIN number on the trunk sticker to that of the car to ensure someone hasn't swapped an Impala SS trunk lid with a WX3 code onto a non-SS car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Unless it's a clone and they swapped the rear deck lid. There's also an options sticker on the right side cowl with the WX3 code, but you'd have to remove the passenger fender to see it.

Other subtle differences from a civi caprice:
SS and 9C1 got heavier boxed frame
Wider rear axle housing
quick ratio steering

·
Registered
8 Posts
Way to pay attention Glen... :biggrin:
Well Terry, you do know that I'm a perty fart smeller. But I didn't know the VIN was on the trunk sticker. Never took to much of a look back there. :wink:

·
Registered
85 Posts
SSKIDMARKSS said:
Think the only thing the vin # will tell you is if it has an LT1
8th digit in the VIN denotes engine in the Tri-Nine Impalas,
P = LT1 350 ci V8
W = L99 262 ci V8

1 - 8 of 8 Posts