Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my '07 impala sucks. I hired a lawyer, and it has been several months now.

What does it mean when my lawyer tells me that we are going to have to go into litigation proceedings? What is litigation and how long is this process, whatever it is?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
"litigation" is a fancy word for lawsuit.

It means that the dealer has refused to settle out of court, so you're going to have to sue him.

If he chooses to drag it out, it can take several months.

Richard

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It means that you have to sue the dealer, and perhaps the company that made the car. The process can be very long and drawn out. There are also legal fees which you will have to pay out of whatever you collect. Unless the attorney has taken the case on a contingency basis - meaning that he only collects if you win the suit, you will have legal fees to pay even if you do not win the case. If the car is truly a lemon, good luck. If that is a questionable issue- you may just be setting yourself up to lose more money - this time to the lawyer.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IT MEANS that it will not go to court.you and your lawyer will sit down with seller and his lawyer .and a referee will be at the head of the table, and situation
will be discussed.THE lemon law is.that the seller knew it was bad,and told you everything was good.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IT MEANS that it will not go to court.you and your lawyer will sit down with seller and his lawyer .and a referee will be at the head of the table, and situation
will be discussed.THE lemon law is.that the seller knew it was bad,and told you everything was good.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Litigation means you will have to go to court. Good luck with your case.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Litigation means you are going to have to go to court. How long is anyone's guess. Sometimes the defendant uses all legal tactics available to prolong the case, hoping you will give up. Go get 'em!

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I believe the Lemon law applies only when you have the same issues 3 or more times..I.E. tranny work 3 times in a short period, head gaskets 3 times...if you have had 3 different issues you will probably end up paying more than if you just let them repo it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts