Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure about the LT1, but I know the LS1's enginges you have to take the motor out by jacking up the car and removing it from underneath.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If I were you this is what I would do. I wouldn't worry about about the LS2, there is just to much work. If you are serious about building hp, get a LT4 engine kit. This will trun your LT1 into an LT4 pushing around 435-450 hp w/o power adders, such as nos or supercharger.

·
Registered
10 Posts
LT4 won't put out that kind of power, they never did in the Corvette. Swapping in an LS or GenIII block into older cars is pretty straight forward, you will need to get the newer motor mounts and depending on the frame you will need to cut out the old motor mounts and mount the new ones. Everything else is basically plug and play, assuming you have the wiring and computer from the newer engine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
LT4 won't put out that kind of power, they never did in the Corvette. Swapping in an LS or GenIII block into older cars is pretty straight forward, you will need to get the newer motor mounts and depending on the frame you will need to cut out the old motor mounts and mount the new ones. Everything else is basically plug and play, assuming you have the wiring and computer from the newer engine.
I agree with motor mounts but there is another issue, oil pan hits the crossmember. There are companies that make pans but then again after watching LOU on MuslecarTV on the powerblock with the Nova he just modified the crossmember. Just my 2 cents, I will be transplanting a LS1 in my Chevelle and I'm just buying the modified pan with pickup tube.

·
Registered
38 Posts
A 383 stroker kit would be alot easier wouldn't it ? Depending on the kit your looking at 400-485hp. Or even a 396 stroker. A company like Golen have packages for your car. Or a company like strokerkits.com will send you a package and you can have a local shop do the work for you. How about a supercharger kit ? Here is a link to Summit Racing. I pretty much go to them for all my major parts even though I am in Canada. Their prices are pretty good. From reading my other posts you can tell I like them.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnse...832650+115+4294870276&Ns=P_SRE_DisplayPrice|1

·
Registered
44 Posts
A 383 stroker kit would be alot easier wouldn't it ? Depending on the kit your looking at 400-485hp. Or even a 396 stroker. A company like Golen have packages for your car. Or a company like strokerkits.com will send you a package and you can have a local shop do the work for you. How about a supercharger kit ? Here is a link to Summit Racing. I pretty much go to them for all my major parts even though I am in Canada. Their prices are pretty good. From reading my other posts you can tell I like them.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnse...104+4294908198+115&Ntt=&Ntk=&rsview=sku&RC=25
I have a 383 Stroker all built up, EASY POWER !!! I used the Scat full rotating kit balanced, steel crank and forged pistons. I also run a roller hydraulic cam, another easy HP gain and a set of Brodix Aluminum heads but to top it all off I also run a 200hp shot of NOS. Right now it's in my 71 Chevelle but it's being stuffed in the Wagon when my frame is ready for it. I have BIGGER plans for my Chevelle.
So far this Scat Stroker motor put out over 450RWHP without the NOS, I have only put Dyno time on this motor so I can't say how the well it runs on the road yet. I back the stroker with a TCI TH350 with a 3500 stall.
To build a high horse 383 proper expect to pay around 5-6 grand but you can build budget strokers for around 2-3 grand and still get around 375-400RWHP.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Summit Racing also has rotating assemblies up to 383 for the LT1. From mild packages to custom packages from their huge parts catalog. They can help with choices if you call in your order after looking online or order a free catalog. I have wasted many hours looking through the catalogs wanting stuff for my car. Camaros and Firebirds have even more choices. Go to the website and put in your car model and year or the engine size / year / model.

-Hey fellow Canucklehead

·
Registered
44 Posts
Summit Racing also has rotating assemblies up to 383 for the LT1. From mild packages to custom packages from their huge parts catalog. They can help with choices if you call in your order after looking online or order a free catalog. I have wasted many hours looking through the catalogs wanting stuff for my car. Camaros and Firebirds have even more choices. Go to the website and put in your car model and year or the engine size / year / model.

-Hey fellow Canucklehead
Good old Summit, ordered many items from them. The only problem with us Canadians is the Duties and shipping charges. Otherwise there great to deal with and they ship prompt as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts