Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it doesn't leak while driving at night, but the other day it was a hot temp where i live and by the time i drove from work to school the was a big puddle of antifreeze under the car; my funds are very limited by i have to get it fix--
all comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated and needed
thanks

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First of all, where did the coolant come from? An o4 should not have a leak at all. Was the leak toward the front of the the car? You have a front wheel drive car. The water pump is in the front of th engine, which is on the left side of the car. No leak on the left, no water pump problem. If is leaking from the radiator, you should see that pretty easy too. Hoses? Same thing. I would bet that what happened here is an overflow of the coolant overflow tank. This happens when you have an unusually hot day causing the engine coolant to expand beyond what it has done in the past. Thus causing an overflow of coolant. You say that it has not leaked anymore fluid? This just shows that I am correct.

But, I would suggest that you make sure the radiator is full, then take the car to a mechanic and tell them to look at it and give an estimate.
Take it to two places. If it is still under warranty have the dealer look at it. Otherwise see an independent repair shop. They charge a LOT less than the dealer.

I would not expect any leaks until this car has over 10 years and 150,000 miles on it.

My personal opinion is that it dumped fluid due to the weather, and nothing more. If it were me, I would check the radiator and if it is full, I would forget about it.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It could be the water pump, a hose, or the radiator could just be leaking.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1st start with the thermostat, if good or replaced, check to see if the fans come on. if they come on check the radiator to see if its busted, if not busted or clogged. take it to a trusted auto service center

1 - 4 of 4 Posts