Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, so I just bought this car! and now I'm freaking out. because there's already something wrong with it.

I was driving and the blinkers would work fine, then all of a sudden, they just wouldn't work, and that happened the whole night.. I don't know if it was because I was messing with the wires for the stereo earlier and I might have hit one of the other wires in there or something, but I just wanted to know how I could check it out in there without taking my car into the shop.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had the exact same problem in my 02 Chevy Impala. You need to replace the Hazard Switch. It's about $55 from a Chevy Dealer. You can replace it yourself, since you've already pulled the dash, you should be familiar with the procedure. Look at your dash, see the big button with a red/orange triangle? That's the hazard switch.

When you pull the dash off you'll see a large green switch unit, just unclip it, unplug the wiring harness, slide the old one out, slide the new one in and plug it in. This is a VERY common problem on 00+ Impalas, and is easily fixable.

Oh, and I believe the part number is 10359031. You can verify this by calling a Chevy dealership's parts department. GMPartsDirect lists it as $29.75. (http://www.gmpartsdirect.com)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts