Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...when u take cables off car dont run? motor runs good i noticed when i was driving it read low volt on the dash so i changed to a better battrey it still was reading low i drove it another 3 days and the car stoped now im not getting any power only when i jump start the car and then when i take the cables off it stops running i had the altanater checked its good if u have any advice please help thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
Your alternator is dead.

I am 100% sure that's the problem.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Your alternator is dead.

I am 100% sure that's the problem.
I 100% agree with White93ltz your alternator is a goner, no doubt about it, your previous battery may have still been good.

Low voltage reading (or Red Volt, Gen MIL lamp indicates that the alternator is not putting out a charge for the electrical system.

The reason you were able to drive another 3 days on a new battery is that the battery had a full charge to start with and ran down by the driving since the alternator was dead.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also own a 1994 Caprice. When I first bought the car was having the same problem. First off I figured replace the battery. That wasn't it, next in line check or replace the alternator. That wasn't the problem either. Even went as far as replacing the starter. To make a long story short. Had a buddy lock at the carfor me. The problem was in the wires. They wasn't carrying enough amps. Something easy to check.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts