Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanted to know if its ok to do a engine flush on it? i mean i did it already it had alot of gunky build up in it...also i got a mobil high mileage oil change...should this be all ok? i have some chattering noise comming from the engine i dunno what it can be? i thought doing a flush and adding high mileage oil will quiet it down and adding a oil additive but it didnt...people have said it could be many things lifters valves? i dunno what it is...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
83,000 miles on a caprice should not be a lot of miles if it was driven sensibly, had the oil changed at proper intervals,and maintenance done at proper time. Your Engine Flush should have done no major harm. It may have loosened up a few things that had been sticking. If you put a heavier oil in than you have been using, take it out on the road and do a controlled, steady speed run (at about 60 miles an hour) it might start quieting down. Good Luck

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
83,000 miles.....Ggggggggggggggggggggggeezzzzzzzzzzuzz!
Don't ask me.....ask the car!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clattering from the engine is -never- good.

Take your head covers off and check to see if the rocker arms look worn. make sure theyre getting oil, too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts