Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanted to know if its ok to do a engine flush on it? i mean i did it already it had alot of gunky build up in it...also i got a mobil high mileage oil change...should this be all ok? i have some chattering noise comming from the engine i dunno what it can be? i thought doing a flush and adding high mileage oil will quiet it down and adding a oil additive but it didnt...people have said it could be many things lifters valves? i dunno what it is...

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Instead of waisting money on expensive oil, why not try some thicker oil like maybe s.a.e 30 this may calm down the lifter noise

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take off the valve covers and you'll prolly see the oil return holes almost clogged. One 1/4 inch hole on each end. They make a special steel brush for that. Then start it up, wait for it to get hot and adjust the rockers down 'till they quiet. It takes a while. Put the valve covers back on. Then drain the oil and put about 1/2 30 wt. and 1/2 tranny fluid in. Let that idle for an hour or so, and then change the oil and filter. Tranny fluid is super detergent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts