Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
timing issue?? My problem is im not sure if the timings right on it? after the car has been running i will turn it off and when i get back in it about 5-10 minutes later it wont fire right up i will have to hold the pedal down as im cranking it!! being that its brand new i think it should start up fine? it has a new starter new spark plugs new msd distributor, new msd super conductor wires, edelbrock 600 cfm carb edel intake it also has a crane cam rough idle!!! is it have something to do with the timing? if so what sould the timing be set at for the 350??

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
could be the timing. my brother has a 305 in his '83 pickup and we have the timing at +4 degrees. but if it does start, it might not be the timing at all. but beyond that, its as of now, beyond my realm of knowledge.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
since you have a crane cam the timing will go up a bit but stock timing on a 350 is 8 degrees also if you have an electric choke on the carb try turning it to key on but dont start it then push the gas pedal once then it willfire right up it will run at higher rpm but when the car gets to normal temp it will go back to normal rpms

1 - 3 of 3 Posts